(5) Hushed Whispers

When My Heart Stops, I'll Give It To You

I jumped out of my car and froze.

Mom was leaning on the garage door and tapping her foot. She looked furious.

"Hi, mom." I sighed, peparing myself for a lecture.

She grinded her teeth together. "Do you not respect your father's wishes? You're throwing away all he sacraficed by spending time with that boy."

"All he sacraficed? Mom, he left me at 10 years old! He did nothing! So, no, I do not respect anything he did. And I don't see how spending time with a guy is going to hurt us." I grumbled. I wanted to know why. Why stay away from him?

Mom stomped her foot like a bratty toddler complaining that she didn't get her way. "He did everything! You wouldn't know! You were to young."

"That's exactly my point! I was too young! So explain. Because I'm pretty sure the only information dad gave us was to stay away from Christopher." I burst out.

Mom suddenly looked guilty. "Mom?" I said slowly. "What do you know that I don't?"

"Listen, I know why Daniel left. But it's...I can't tell you."

"Why not?!" I screeched. If there was something, anything, that my dad said, I wanted to know it.

"Because they'll come after you! Just like Daniel!" Mom suddenly ran into the house before turning around and repeating, "Stay away from Christopher Carrow. Do you hear me?"

I did not nod. I did not speak.

I will not stay away from Christopher. No matter what.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nessa's P.O.V

I laid in my bed motionless.

So many thoughts were running through my head. I couldn't think straight. The moon poured into my room from the balcony windows. My room was completly silent.

And then, outside, I heard a crack. Like a branch had broke.

I couldn't help myself as I ran onto the balcony and stared outside.

Nothing.

Hushed whispers filled in the quiet night and I told myself it was the wind.

Closing the balcony windows, I climbed back onto my bed.

That was stupid and paranoid of me, nothing was out there.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mrs. Bennedict's P.O.V (Mom)

I peered out the bedroom window and saw him.

Anger flowed through me and I ran out the door.

"Get away!" I yelled, looking around. "Leave her alone!" My voice fell into a plead as no reply came. "Please...Please, not Nessa. Find someone else. She's not the one. Please...'

Something pinned me against the bricks of our house. "She is the one, I know it. Now shh before she sees us." He whispers. I glance up at her balcony to see her standing there, the moonlight shinning on her face and her dark hair flowing around. She was beautiful. No wonder he picked her.

Once she had gone, he pressed me up harder against the wall. "Do not tell her about this." He hissed. And then he was gone.

He had been watching her. That was the first sign.

She was the one.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nessa's P.O.V

Sleep woudn't take me away. I couldn't, no matter how hard I tried, go to sleep.

There was always that weird feeling tingling in my body. Like someone was watching me.

When I did, finally, fall asleep, I was surprised.

I dreamed of Christopher, standing on the hill in front of our house. Watching.

Writer's Comment: No Christopher's P.O.V, I think MAYBE its too early...i like keeping him mysterious:D LET ME KNOW WHATCHA THINK:D Thanks for all the readers, voters, commenters, and all of the above...ers....ya!!! :D haha love u all:)