(11: Part 2) Nightmares of a Girl

When My Heart Stops, I'll Give It To You

I bite my lip and try my best to stare him down.

It doesn't work.

"Listen, Ness. Please..." He begs, his eyes boring into mine.

I give up. "Fine. But I don't want any more lies. This all better be true."

His eyes narrow. "I wasn't lying when I said I've been waiting for you my whole life, Nessa." His voice was soft, and it made my heart ache. All I wanted to do was kiss him. He was so close, and no one lips will ever feel so perfect on mine.

I didn't dare, though. Then he would know I was giving in to him. And I can't do that.

He touches my cheek gently and continues. "When we are born, we're given the "One" for us. Once we turn thirteen we are sent out on a quest to find them. But you are blocked from your mate until they turn seventeen," He glances at me and continues, "As I told you, your father and my father had a fight over your mom. My dad had been chacing your mom for five years. At first, she fell for my father. But then a human comes around and she denies my father and goes to yours.

"So when your father met me, he was instantly scared for the furture of his newborn daughter. As I told you, he left hoping that the reason I wanted you was because my dad wanted revenge. Of course, he was wrong." He locks eyes with me. "I still want you. And I always will. So I came to your house at night and watched you while you slept, to make sure your mother wouldn't try to take you away from me. Your mother did try, but a little warning from me stopped her." He flashes a dangerous smile at me.

"She's all I have. You didn't..." I couldn't finish the sentence. He wouldn't...

"Calm down," He rolls his eyes. "She's fine. A little shaken, but fine. And she's not all you have. You have me. You have to remember that."

"I don't want you." I mumble. His eyes darken and he pushes me farther agaisnt the wall until it hurt.

"I waited for you. I waited and waited. I tried my best to not sleep, because everytime I closed my eyes, nightmares of your mother taking you away from me flashed in my head. I had these nightmares even before I met you. They started after I knew you were the one. But of course," He gives me another smile that makes me struggle for air. "I knew that she wouldn't get far with you if she did. No matter how many times she ran, I would always catch you again."

I take a deep breath, trying to get air. He pauses and seems to sense my emotions.

My heart beat frantically as he brushed the hair behind my ear. I was frozen to my spot.

"Can't you see we we meant to be together?" he whispered, almost purred, in my ear.

I shuddered and every part of me felt like it was being electrocuted.

Was it? Was this love? I couldn't tell.

He smiled and grazed his teeth against my neck. They were sharp.

If this WAS love that wasn't at all how I felt right now. I was terrified.

Run!

My whole body wanted to, but I couldn't force my legs to obey.

"Are you scared?" He asked, smiling. Could he hear my heart beating?

He leaned in intil our lips were inches apart. My heart was beating so fast now it couldn't be normal. "Yes..." He whispered answering his own quesstion. "You're scared."

This time he went for my neck. I had to go. "S-stop." I meant for it to be demanding, but it turned out sounding weak and vulnerable.

He laughed at my poor atempt but didn't move from my neck. "Close your eyes."

I obeyed. I had no clue what he was doing, but I had no choice.

Something sharp peirced through the skin on my neck. I let out a whimper and tried to pull away, but his stone grasp had me locked.

Pain. Numb and unbearable. It felt like a million daggers going through my skin and carrying through my whole body. Everything was starting to get blurry and I welcomed that. Anything that would get me out of this pain.

My body went limp and fell to the floor.