Chapter 36

THEA POV

I called Tony and asked if I could stay with them over the week. Erika was staying over at the Team Ten house and that was my excuse: to work on her music.

Tony didn't ask more question and said he would be at Logan's in 30 minutes. I didn't pack heavy, not that I have anything to really pack. I left a note for Logan and told him where I was, so he wouldn't freak and flip the whole city upside down.

Team Ten house was a mess. It's been a month since they moved in.

"Welcome home, sister," Jake ran up to me and I was taken down.

"Jake," Erika scolded. "you will hurt her."

She helped me up.

"Sorry," Jake said. "You can stay at the library. We got you a blow-up bed," he said.

"Thanks," I replied.

"Anything for you," he said.

"I miss the old Jake," I teased. "at least he has some personality."

He laughed and so did Tony and Chance.

"If you want that Jake back, I can bring him back. Just don't crying back to Logan," Jake said.

The mentioned of his name made my inside shrink.

"Or maybe you will be crying back to Ohio," I snapped back playfully.

"Yep," Chance started. "she is a keeper."

Erika had a meeting so she left after helping me into the library. Chance went back to his games and Jake was out vlogging.

"Want to skate?" Tony asked.

"I don't know how," I said.

"That makes both of us," he chuckled. "Chad is teaching me. You want to join us?"

"Sure," I said, surprising myself.

"No! Please don't let go!" I said to Tony. He was holding me up on the skateboard.

"You are rolling on a flat road," Chad laughed.

"I don't trust anything that wheels like this," I said.

"You have trust issues," Tony laughed.

"I trust you, so don't let go!"

"I won't," he mimicked the Titanic scene. "Never."

I punched his shoulder and Tony fucking lets go. I crashed into the floor. The back of my elbow was burning from the rough landing and my hip felt like it was crushed.

"Oh snap," Chad said, half giggling, half serious.

"Thea, are you okay?" Tony helped me up. I had a big rash on my elbow and it stings even with the touch of wind.

"Fuck," he said. "I'm sorry."

I laughed.

He looked at me like I should be locked up in an asylum.

"Sorry," I wasn't sorry. "I can never trust anyone these days." I meant it as a joke but Tony took it to heart.

"I'm sorry," he looked genuinely sad.

"Yo," Jake was back. "I want to lear- what happened?"

"I messed up bro," Tony said.

"It's nothing. I fell down. Big deal. It's not like I never got hurt before," words slipped out of my mouth when I'm nervous and in pain.

The boys looked at me and Jake sigh.

"Logan called," Jake said. "he is not really happy about you leaving but I told him you are in good hands. Apparently not."

"I'm fine," I said again.

"Right. No more skating. I want to go out for dinner. You guys in?" he asked the boys.

"I'm down," both of them said.

"You're coming," Jake said.

"I don't have an option?" I teased.

"My beautiful, talented, sister, do you want to have dinner with me?" he asked.

"Only if we can have Chik-fil-A," I said.

Tony chuckled silently behind me.

"No Chick-fil-A on Sunday but I'll take you to Taco bell," Jake said.

"Please tell me you have tried Taco bell," Tony said.

"I had," I said. My first and last time was with Jake actually. We were young when Pam and my dad decided to get together. I sat next to Jake, Logan on the other end and my brothers. They ate like bears but I enjoyed it. Jake and Logan had no idea that our parents were together so they were still nice to us. That was the last time I saw them with smile on their faces when they see me.

I cling onto my heart strings and smile.

"Sure," I said. "let me wash this off and grab a sweater."

"Only Jack Paul merch is allowed," Jake called out as I jogged back to the house. I rolled my eyes but grabbed a black hoodie on my way up.

After Taco Bell, I crashed on the coach with Nick and Chad and his girlfriend Sarah. Tony was talking the dog out for a poop. I scroll through my Instagram and the creepy stalker side of me decided to check on Logan. He was shooting The Thinging today but he did take a couple Instagram stories and posted them. Then I saw Judy at one of the story background. I felt my stomach plummeted inside of me. I checked her Instagram and she was in his house.

Great. A part of me hate myself for letting it affect me.

A small part of me wanted to reclaim my place.

But what place? Damn.

I lied in bed, hoping I could fall asleep before I fall apart.