Chapter 18

A warm, gentle hand touched my shoulder and I snapped my eyes open.

It was Lydia.

"You okay?" she asked. Logan was behind her. "They do this all the time. Don't worry."

I couldn't speak.

"Hey," Lydia nudged me. "Your hands are cold. Logan, she is shaking."

"Seriously? You are all tough and shit but now you are afraid of broken plates?"

"Logan," Lydia started.

I look at the broken glass on the floor and took a deep breathe.

"Whatever, help me clean it up before Kong inhale the glass," Logan said.

I lied on the coach outside the pantry and hugged my leg against my chest.

I felt only pain. Everywhere.

"I'm so sorry, honey," mom cried. "I broke up with him. I'm sorry. I shouldn't have done this to you," she said. "Let me make it right."

I kept silent. Not because I didn't want to respond but I couldn't. My throat was dry and I think I might throw up if I open my mouth. But I saw how sorry she was. In her eyes, she looked broken too. I couldn't hate her for what she has done to me. She was in love and love blinds people.

"I saw him cheating on me with Stefanie," she cried. "he was so perfect, Thea. He was everything and now he is a piece of shit."

She won't believe me when I told her the truth. I laughed at myself. I shut my eyes. Tears rolled down my checks.

I lost her. She was my only family left and I lost her.