Chapter 29

LOGAN POV

I haven't seen Thea whole day. My vlogs were taking up too much time and I had meetings upon meetings. I'm grateful mom is here to help.

After my last phone call from Jeff, I shut my stinging eyes that has been staring at screens all day. The memory of Thea on the floor, cold and pale, sank my heart flat.

"Logan?" mom walked in.

"What? Is Thea okay?" I stood up.

"She is fine," she said. "Tony will be here to get her soon, so I just came to tell you."

"Tony? Why?" I asked.

"Jake is making a song and wants her help," she said.

"Son of a bitch," I rolled my eyes.

"Hey, language," mom warned.

"Sorry," I mumbled. "She just got out of the hospital. I don't think it's smart," I said.

"I agree but Thea wants to help. She needs her element, Lo. If I took internet away from you for 10 years, what would you do?" she asked.

I can't even imagine.

"Exactly," mom said.

"What time is she leaving?" I asked.

"Probably in thirty minutes. Tony is coming from Jake's place," she said.

"Okay. I need to talk to her," I said.

"Logan-"

"Relax mom. I only want to know if she is okay," I said.

"Okay," she smiled. "Logan?"

"Yeah, mom?"

"Thank you. You can Logan didn't have to accept her but you two did because I know you are good boys and you love to help people in trouble."

I wish I could take her compliment, but I didn't do this because I wanted to help her. I did this because I didn't want to watch her leave.

I found Thea sitting on the floor playing with Kong. She giggled as Kong licked her fingers and jumped on her.

"Kong," I said. He looked up but then continue playing with Thea. I sign. I sat next to them and Thea looked up. Damn those eyes.

"Thank you," she said.

"People are giving me thanks today. Where is my trophy?" I chuckled.

She smiled. A real smile this time, not forced.

"You should do that more often," I said.

"What? Faint?" she asked.

"No!" I said quickly.

"I was just joking," she giggled.

"I like your smile. You should smile more," I said.

"You are so demanding," she teased.

"Babe, when I demand something, you will know," he said.

"Sure," she winked.

"So, music huh?" I asked.

"Music," she nodded.

"What do you play?" I asked.

"Piano, guitar, violin, drum-"

"Let's state what you don't play then," I said.

She laughed, and I felt my heart lifted to could 9.

"Do more of that too," I said.

"Any more you would like to the list?" she challenged.

"For a minute, I thought I had to be mean to you to bring back the sassy you," I said.

"Watch your back cause I snap hard," she said.

"I'll come back harder," I challenged. Suddenly, things became sexual. She pulled back immediately. Shit. She didn't grow up in a fun environment where sex was a joke. To her, every night was a fight to protect herself from men who wants to take her. I balled my fist beside me and felt the ball of fire in me.

"I'm so-"

"If you say you're sorry, I will knock you out," she said.

I chuckled.

"Okay, tiger, no sorry," I said.

"How is LA doing for you?" she asked.

"It's a lot but I like it. All the possibilities and-"

"And girls?" she teased. "where is Judy?"

I can't hide my smile.

"You jealous?" I asked.

"Of you?" she rolled her eyes.

"Of Judy. You are jealous of Judy," I said with total confidence.

"Please," she rolled her eyes. "I am happy she is here. You are a handful for Lydia."

"Not for you?"

"What?"

"I'm a handful for Lydia and not you?"

"Stop twisting my words," she said.

"I caught a nerve?" I challenged.

"You will have to dig deeper than that to get my nerve," she said.

"How deep?" I asked.

Damn it. I need to stop my testosterone. Her phone buzzed. Tony. She got up and Kong was barking for her to not leave.

"I have to go," she said.

I stood still and wait for her to go but she didn't take a step away.

"I should go," she started.

"Yeah," I said. Really, Logan? Really.

She took a step back then stopped. She grabbed my right arm and lift herself up, tipping her toe and plant a gently soft kiss on my cheeks.

"I mean it Logan. Thank you," she said before walking away. I stood there frozen with burning cheeks from the kiss. I feel like a little boy who just got a new Hot Wheel toy.

She was going to be the death of me.

** Casting Elsa Hosk to be Thea. What do you guys think?**