Chapter 14

Suddenly, a strong arm grabbed my wrist. Logan.

"Hand off," I snapped.

"What were you thinking?" he asked, looking furious.

"I was thinking of walking home. Is that a problem?"

"You don't come out the streets alone," he roared.

"Well, next time I will bring my imaginary friend," I snapped back.

"Next time, answer you god damn phone. Pam is worried sick."

"My phone died," I said.

He took a breath and his grip slowly loosen around my wrist.

"Come on," he said and led me to his car. Brandon was in the car waiting.

"I'll drive you home," Logan said to Brandon. Brandon nodded and the rest of the ride was in silent.

"See you tomorrow, bro," Brandon said.

"Night Brandon," Logan said.

When we got to back to his place, he was walking five steps faster than me. I was a runner. I could walk fast but damn the shoes. I took them off in the middle of the lobby. The security and man behind the table looked at me like I was weird.

I walked into the elevator where he waited. He scanned my body then my legs. He rolled his eyes and I stood at the far corner of the elevator from him. Once we got to his floor, he walked five steps ahead again.

Then he stopped and looked at me who was walking like the extra from the walking dead.

"Damn it," he cursed softly then walked towards me like a storm. He put his arms around me and picked me up.

"Put me down," I argued.

"I don't want to pay for the carpets just because your nasty feet can't stop bleeding."

I looked back and saw small fade spots on the floor. Damn it.

When we got back to his house, Pam was on the couch with Kong. When she saw us, she hopped out of her seat and took me in for a hug.

"I was so worried," she said.

"Sorry. My phone died," I said.

"It's okay. I should have listened to Logan. Why didn't you call Tony?" she asked.

I didn't respond.

"You don't have to be alone, child," Pam said.

"Sometimes, it better that way," I said only she could hear.

"Come, let me help with your feet and let you get some rest."

I nodded and followed her to Evan's room. I turned back and saw Logan watching me. I couldn't fathom his expression. It was a mix of worry and frustration.

He broke our glance and I found myself staring at his back.