Chapter 28

"Thea!" Logan bang at the door and I sat up and realized I've been drowning under the water. I took a deep breath and grabbed the towel. I dried my hair and wrapped a towel around my body.

"What?" I called out.

"You have been in there for hours. You okay?" he asked.

"I'm fine," I said.

"I don't like-" he didn't finish when I stepped out the bathroom. He looked at me from head to toe then land his eyes on mine.

"Logan. I need to get dressed," I said.

"Right," he said.

No one moved.

"Whatever," I said and turned around, reaching for my closet. I heard him suck in his breath.

Damn it, my scars.

I slipped into one of his Maverick sweater.

He didn't look away.

"What? Never seen scars?" I asked and passed him, but he grabbed my wrist and spin me around.

"Logan, I really don't want to talk about it," I said. My heart was still numb from the memories and I didn't want to face him. Not now.

"Thea?" Pam's voice came from the hallway.

Logan didn't move or let me go.

"She will see this," I said.

"See what?" he asked.

"You. Here," I said.

"Is there anything wrong with me in my house?"

Right. I'm overthinking this. He is my brother. I laughed.

"What's so funny?" he asked.

"Me," I said. "I'm such a joke," I pulled my hand away. Just as I start walking away, my door opened, and Pam stood there bouncing her eyes back and forth. I walked passed her and head downstairs for a glass of water. The last time I was in the kitchen, I blacked out. Now, it was all clean and organize. Lydia is a magician.

"Thea," Pam said. "how are you? What happened?"

"He was just checking on me," I said.

She nodded.

"I got you some food," she said.

"I'm not hungry," I said and saw disappointment in her eyes. "but I can eat." She smiled.

"Great. I bought your favorite pad thai noodles and spring rolls," she said. "Do you want to eat outside? It's nice out."

"Sure," I said and grabbed my plate outside.

Judy's voice snapped my attention.

Please. Why today? Of all the days?

"Logan!" she hopped into his arms.

"Judy," he said nicely.

"How are you?" she asked...

"I'm good," he said.

"I-" she started and I stopped. I head out the back door and walked to the smaller house at the back. It was empty.

"I don't know what he wants this place to be," Pam said.

"It's a nice house," I said.

"And it's your home too," she said and before I could protest, she continued, "Logan and Jake told me that they want you with them. I am leaving in a couple days and they told me not to worry. I am not. I've seen how they treat you. I know you will be taken care of. And," she continued before I could. "I know you don't need anyone, you never had. Maybe it's time to start. Having someone to be there for you, knowing they will always have you back, is good. It feels nice. To be honest, I think they need you more than you need them."

I gave her a questionable look.

"The boys need someone to keep the grounded. The fame is great, but they are Ohio boys. They tend to let their ego be above everything else sometimes."

"I'll stay," I said.

"Yay!" she clapped in joy. "I'm so excited to her your single!"

"Wow, one step at a time," I said.

"I know you are ready to fly, darling. Don't hold back."

I nodded. I took her words in and crave it in my skull because I need her confidence even if I had none for myself.