Death and All His Friends// 6x24

"So shoot me. I'm your eye for an eye,"

As Meredith stands there in fear she looks at Cristina who looks at her, fear in her eyes. Meredith turns her head back to the gunman and takes a deep breath. 

"You want justice right? Your wife died. I know what happened, Derek told me the story. 

"Lexie Grey is the one who pulled the plug on your wife, she's my sister. Dr. Webber, he was your wife's Dr., I'm the closest thing he has to a daughter. And the man on the table, I'm his wife. If you want to hurt them like they hurt you, shoot me. I'm your eye for an eye," Meredith shakily says. Cristina looks at her, but is frozen in her place and can't say anything. 

Before they know it, the gun fires, making a loud bang. Meredith falls to the floor and makes a grunting noise. 

Cristina stands there and whispers Meredith's name several times.

April stands there, mouth agape, trying to fight back tears. 

Jackson stares at Meredith's body, looking at the blood that comes out of her neck. 

Owen looks back and forth at all of them, then finally landing his eyes on Meredith. 

Gary Clark simply walks out of the O.R. 

"She was pregnant," Cristina whispers. They all look at Cristina, then start their own grief; April finally letting out soft sobs; Jackson lowering his head; Owen leaning against the wall and letting out a deep breath. 

Derek's body just lays on the O.R. table; he is oblivious that the love of his life just died. He won't get to grow old with her. Raise the child that once was. Or build her the dream house. And he doesn't even know it. 

So they all stand there, grieving over there beloved friend. 

This chapter is literally only 300 words, and I apologize for that. I can promise you that I will make it up for next weeks chapter. 

Also, on Christmas I was thinking of doing like a one-shot/what if thingy, kind of like the thanksgiving one, let me know if you would like to read!!