What I am//3x04

Meredith's Prov.

I wake up, go straight to my toilet and puke for 20 minutes.... for the 5th day in a row. I know it isn't normal. Stomach cancer? Liver cancer? The flue? Just a little bug?

I am going with option 4, just a little bug. So I get up, get dressed, go downstairs, and get some Pepto Bismol. Iz and George already left for work, so I'm home alone. I grab a granola bar and head out the door.

When I get to work, I feel 100 times worse. I go into the interns locker room, and right when I get in there, Derek walks in.

"Morning Dr. Grey!" He says, all bright and shiny. I give him a look of disgust and he returns a look of worry. "Whats wrong?" He asks, grabbing my elbow lightly, and leading me to sit down. I sit down and shake my head.

"It's nothing, just a stomach bug," I tell him getting up. He just watches me get dressed and gives me the same look of worry the whole time. When I'm done, I close my locker shut and walk out, Derek following.

"Don't you have life's to save?" I ask, getting annoyed of his presents.

"You're more important," he says. I continue walking until I am caught up with the rest of the interns and Bailey. We stop when we get to Mr. Sullivan's room and are at the nurses station. I sit down in the nearest chair, hold my hair back, and grasp my tummy.

"Meredith," Derek says. He kneels down by me and rubs my back.

Just then, George yells, "No Mr. Sullivan, don't light that." And then the whole room in front of me lights up in flames, and I puke. Derek stays by my side and everybody else goes to the room. All the chaos just makes me more sick and I puke more. Derek keeps rubbing my back and holding my hand. When the chaos calms down and I can finally hear Derek talking to me, and I stop puking.

"Lets get you checked up," Derek says, getting up and feeling my head.

"I'm fine," I snap back at him.

"You're not fine, you're burning up and puking all over," he protests. He helps me up, grabs my hand, and leads me to an exam room. Once we enter, he helps me onto the exam table and gets me water.

"Okay, I'll be back," he says, exiting the room.

For the past 2 weeks, I've had 2 options, Derek or Finn..... Derek is who I want to pick, but Finn is the right choice. And what happened at prom, I mean can I really just forget all of that? I am knocked out of my thoughts when Cristina enters the room.

"Oh my god," I say. I can't believe Derek got Cristina; I'm silently thanking God.

"So what? Are you pregnant?" She asks. I saw that coming.

"I'm not pregnant," I say, rolling my eyes.

"Aww, with McBaby." She says, smiling. I roll my eyes again and mouth 'shut up' as she starts the exam. Now that I think about it, Derek could be the right choice, he could, especially if I'm having his baby. 'Oh my god Meredith, shut up... You're not pregnant'. 

"Okay everything looks fine... We'll just get some blood tests," Cristina says, then leaves the room. I am left in the room in silence until a couple seconds later, Finn walks in.

"Hey, I heard you weren't feeling well, are you okay?" He asks, coming to my side and grabbing my hand. Don't get me wrong, I love that, but he's definitely not Derek.

"Yeah, I'm fine, just a stomach ache thats all," I say. He nods and gives me a kiss on the forehead. Then, Derek walks back in.

"Oh," Finn says in shock. I don't say anything, but a smile comes to my face, unlike when Finn entered. Derek gives Finn a 'shut up' look, then comes to my left side and holds my other hand. Awkward.