Save Me// 1x08

"When did you plan on telling me you have a wife?"

Meredith's Prov. 

I know almost nothing about Derek. He knows almost nothing about me. We've been dating for a little over 2 months now, and I find it funny how we're still strangers

Derek comes walking up to me, his hand barely touching mine. 

"Do you plan on telling me about you sometime?" I ask. I quit walking and he looks up at me. 

"Meredith, come on, just be flexible," Derek says, slowing down with me. The E.R. can wait, this is more urgent. 

"I'm not flexible," I tell him, smirking. 

He laughs, "aha, there I disagree." He starts walking towards the emergency room again, and I jog to catch up to him. 

We walk through the corridor and then enter the E.R.. Derek goes off to help someone, and I just go do sutures on a guy until I'm actually needed. I just watch as people go by sneezing, coughing, bleeding, sweating. 

About an hour later I make up my mind and leave because nothing is going to come into the pit anytime soon. I go into an on-call room to try and get some rest. Right when I kick my shoes off the door opens. 

"What are you doing?" Derek asks closing the door. I sit on the bed and yawn. 

"Doing what most people do, sleeping," I tell him laughing. He comes closer and sits on the bed next to me. I lay back and swing my feet onto the bed. Derek rubs my thigh and takes a deep breath in. 

"Wanna have sex?" Derek asks. 

"No," I say laughing, and slapping his shoulder. 

"Wanna go on another date?" He asks. He rests his chin on my lower abdomen and hugs my waist. I smile but roll my eyes. 

"You're so full of yourself," I tell him, running my hands through his hair. 

"Can I take that as a yes?" He asks me, looking up at me with those blue eyes, his chin resting just below my belly button. 

"Whatever helps you sleep at night," I tell him. I close my eyes, keeping my hand in his dark curls. 

"Meet me in the lobby at 8:00," he apprises me. He unwraps his arms from my waist and gets up. 

"Leaving so soon Dr. Shepherd?" I ask, turning my body towards the wall. 

"People to save Dr. Grey," he whispers in my ear. He leans down, kisses my jawline, and then he leaves. 

8:00

I wait for Derek in the lobby, until finally he comes up behind me. He grabs my hand and we walk out to his car. 

"How was the rest of your day?" Derek asks as he fidgets with the heat in his jeep.

"Boring, now are you going to tell me where we are going?" I ask, looking at him sharply. He grabs my hand, then rests our hands on my thigh, and winks at me. I just roll my eyes and sit back in the seat, closing my eyes. 

I open my eyes when I hear the gravel road beneath us. I look out the window and see a whole bunch of trees, and I can tell we're outside of Seattle, in the mountains. 

"You aren't going to rape me are you?" I ask seriously. He scoffs and rolls his eyes, but his hand gives mine a gentle squeeze, telling me that everything is fine. He suddenly stops the jeep in front of a whole bunch of trees and gets out. He comes over to my side of the car and opens my door. "What are you doing?" I ask suspiciously. He gives up and starts walking into the trees. I decide that he isn't going to kill or rape me, so I get out of the car and run up to him.