Chapter XXVIII

Yeah, Yeah, I took forever I know!...

Vote

Comment

Fan

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I wandered around the bustling campus with no destination in mind. I really didn’t want to be around anyone right which was a total contradiction since I was walking around a place filled with people. For the first time in my life though I felt alone, really and truly alone. I never understood how anyone could feel alone when they’re surrounded by people. It was a strange feeling and I did not like it at all. 

It had been a little over an hour since I had walked away from Rene outside the coffee shop. My coffee had long since lost it’s appeal and gone cold. I threw it into the first trash can I passed and made my way back to my dorm. Checking the time again I knew that Cain’s father would be here by now and decided I’d sit in on their discussion. I found them in one of the lounge rooms on our floor huddled over a bunch of papers. 

“How’s the search going?” I asked making myself known. 

“We’ve got a few maybe’s but, there’s just so many people to go through.” Cain sighed, rubbing his temples. 

“Mind if I help?” I asked directing the question to his dad.

“Of course,” Alpha Nixon said looking up from the stack he was going through. “The more eyes we’ve got the quicker this will go.”

I smiled and sat next to Cain, pulling a bunch of papers onto my lap. It didn’t come as a surprise that I didn’t know who most of the people were. I read through numerous files and placed the ones I felt students would benefit from on the side. 

“May I make a suggestion?” I asked 

“Please, do” Cain’s dad said pausing his reading.

“I know someone who would do well in helping with the training but, you wont find his file in this,” I said gesturing to the papers scattered on the table. 

“Why not?” Cain asked 

“He already works here.” I answered “My cousin Eric.” 

“Wait, our D.O.T.T. teacher?” Cain asked 

“That’s the one.” I nodded 

“I didn’t know he was your cousin.” he said 

“Really? I thought I told you.” I said “Well, now you know, anyways he would be a great trainer.”

“Very well, when you get the chance please let him know that I would like to speak with him. I want to have the training up and running by Wednesday.”

“I’ll call him when we’re finished here.” I said 

With that we got back to sorting through everyone else’s files. When lunch rolled around we were just about half way through. I was starving and knew that if I felt that way then Cain and his father must be as well. Just as I was about to head out and get some thing for us to eat there was a knock on the door and in popped Amy. She was holding up a few bags of food with a smile on her.

“Figured you’d all be hungry by now.” Amy said walking over to us. “I made some sandwiches, pasta salad, there’s a few different types of chips and some drinks.”