Chapter XXX

Vote

Comment

Fan

***********************

The girls and I sat in my room all night waiting for Cain to come back with some news. I wasn’t even sure what time he even got back to the room, I had fallen asleep on the couch with the girls at nearly two in the morning. I woke up in the morning looking around the bedroom in a confused state. I was certain that I had fallen asleep on the couch while I waited for Cain to come back. What time did he come back anyway? 

The sound of the shower turning off broke me out of my confused daze. I looked over at the clock on my night stand and it read six-thirty am. Pushing the covers off my body I set my feet on the floor just as the bathroom door opened. Cain came walking out dressed only in a pair of jeans that hung low on his hips. His head was hung face down as he towel dried his hair. 

“When did you get back?” I asked startling him, causing him to drop the towel.

“Sorry I woke you,” he said, “Um, the guys and I got back a little after two this morning.”

“Did you find Mana?” I asked standing from the bed and stretching out my tense muscles. 

“No, we didn’t.” he sighed shaking his head. “We’ll probably run into him today.”

“I hope so, but I still don’t know where he could have gone if you didn’t find him last night.”

“He probably just went out to blow off some steam. I know I would need to do exactly that if I had found out my mate was a conniving psycho.” he commented

“Yeah, you’re right,” I sighed walking past him to the bathroom. 

After taking quick shower I wrapped a towel around my body and set off to find an outfit to wear for the day. The weather was getting colder and I was glad that I had gone shopping when we first arrived in Washington. If I hadn’t I would be freezing my ass off this winter. It was going to take a lot of getting used to the whole changing of the seasons. Though I had been in Washington for almost four months I still wasn’t used to it. I was still dreaming of sunshine year round, aside from the occasional storm. 

Dressing in dark skinny jeans, a pink v-neck long sleeve that said ‘I Love My Boyfriend’ on the front and Black uggs, I pulled on a black cardigan. After getting dressed I walked back into the bathroom to blow dry my hair, leaving it down. I wasn’t in a make up mood so I left the bathroom and grabbed my bag on the way to the kitchen. I could smell the incising scent of freshly made french toast. My mate really was the best, making me breakfast and I didn’t even have to ask him to do so. 

“Smell’s good in here,” I said walking into the kitchen. 

“It does now,” Cain grinned over at me from his spot in front of the stove.

“Whatever,” I chuckled rolling my eyes. 

I took a seat at the kitchen island and continued to watch as Cain finished up with breakfast. I thought he would stop at french toast but, he went on to make bacon and eggs. He served up two plates and place them on the island before he went and got a jug of orange juice out of the fridge. With my arms crossed on the island I smiled at him. He really was amazing and he was all mine.