Chapter XXIX

Took me a while but I finally managed to finish this chapter...Would have gotten it up earlier if I didn't have to help prep for a graduation party, which took almost a week...But since all the grad parties that I had to go to this summer are over now I have more time to write...I'm not really happy with this chapter but, eh, had to get it up already...

vote

comment

fan

**********************

Monday morning brought with it rains. It wasn’t just a light drizzle either, no.  It was pouring buckets. It was rather fitting weather for the mood that I found myself in when I woke. This would be the first day that I would go to school without my best friend by my side. Sure, I had the rest of my friends but, it just wouldn’t be the same. Since I had woken up long before our alarm was set to off, Cain was still half asleep. 

I went through the motions of what most people call the morning routine. I couldn’t feel the heat of the water while I showered. Couldn’t taste the mint of my toothpaste as I brushed my teeth. My thoughts all revolved around Mana and how it would be when we saw each other today. It’s not like we would be able to avoid seeing each other since we had every single class together and we hung out with same crowd of friends. Would it be awkward? Probably. Most likely. Yes. . .yes it would be.

“You’re up early,” Cain yawned, stretching his arms over his head as he walked into the kitchen.

“Yeah, couldn’t really sleep.” I shrugged pouring myself a cup a coffee. It had to be the first cup that I had made for myself in a long time. I didn’t want to risk bumping into Mana and Rene earlier then I had to.

“It’s really pouring down out there, isn’t it.” He commented looking out the window. I knew what he was trying to do and I loved him for it but, it just wasn’t going to work at the moment. “Would you mind pouring me a cup as well, I’m just gonna go and get ready?” he asked obviously knowing that his idle chit-chat just wasn’t going to work.

“Sure,” I nodded looking over at him and giving him a small smile. It was all I could manage at the moment. 

After a light breakfast and two cups of coffee Cain and I left our room. The halls were packed with students heading out to start their day or just standing around talking with friends. Cain wrapped his arm around my shoulders and guided me to Amy’s room. It was our usual first stop every morning before heading to Mana’s room. When we walked in though it was obvious that we would be stopping at Mana’s room to get Ashlee and Nate along with Kai and Reese. They were all sitting in the living room talking with Jasmyne and Dean. 

“Good morning, sunshine ” Jas grinned from her spot on Dean’s lap. I gave a her a small smile. “Okay, so not so good morning I presume.”

“Sorry, I’m just not feeling it this morning.” I sighed 

“I’ve been meaning to apologize about my sister, I just wasn’t sure if you would talk to me.” Reese said standing from the couch.

“I have nothing against you, really.” I assured. 

I really didn’t have anything against her. I didn’t have anything against Rene either, well not until recently. It was one thing to push your limits with someone who you knew was and always would be your superior. But, it was another to get personal. What Rene had done was definitely considered personal. If she had just come to me and had a civilized conversation with me instead of assuming things, things probably would have turned out differently.