Chapter XXIV

Sorry for the long wait people...I'm not even going to try and make any excuses for the lateness of this chapter...I do hope you all enjoy it though!

Vote

Comment

Fan

*******************

The weeks past so quickly that I barely had time to blink before it was Thanksgiving. Everyone was a little on edge about the fact that there was going to be a whole crap load of Alphas all in one place. The Alphas had decided that they would just come for the day and return home. They didn’t want anything to happen between any of them if they stayed any longer. We already had to deal with the threat of the rogues and hunters, we didn’t need any confrontations between hard headed Alphas right now. Plus, no one wanted any of the rogues trying to take over their territories. 

Everyone along with myself were sitting outside our dorm building waiting for out parents to show up. My brother was trying to keep from laughing as I paced back and forth in front of the group. I was nervous. I didn’t know why but, I just was. Something was going to happen and I knew it wasn’t going to be something good. I just hoped that it did happen today. I mean, today would be the perfect opportunity for the hunters to strike. Half of the packs in the country would be on the school grounds it really would be the best time to attack. 

“Hey,” Cain whispered taking my hand and effectively stopping me. “Everything is going to be fine.”

“We don’t know that Cain,” I said “It’s the perfect time and you know it.”

“I know that but, it would also be stupid of them to do anything.” he said “No group of hunters or rogues in their right mind would want to strike with so many wolves in one place, especially Alphas. That’s just suicide.”

I blew out a breath and nodded “You’re right, I’m just being paranoid.”

“We all are,” Mana called out “Especially with the attacks on different packs happening more frequently.”

“You are not helping my paranoia right now Mana,” I frowned 

He chuckled “My bad La-la,” he said wrapping his arm around Rene’s shoulder.

Over the weeks she had helped him work through everything going on. Mana was no where near how he was before but, everyday a bit of the old him came out. It was all thanks to Rene and I couldn’t be more happy. Soon I would have my best friend back just the way I like him. They hadn’t fully mated yet and I knew Mana was holding back. Rene was younger than us and I knew he didn’t want to push her into. Plus, I don’t think he was ready to take that leap just yet either. He needed to get his head right first and he knew that. 

Just last week Na’ali’i and Samara had finished their mating. I shuddered when they walked into my room reeking of each other. I was slammed with unwanted visuals of why they had smelled so strongly of each other. It took me days just to get them out of my head. I still wasn’t used to the fact that he was no longer my innocent little 15 year old brother. A very disturbing fact for me to get used to. I didn’t care that it was natural for us as wolves, he was my little bro.

“Will you stop over thinking everything, you’re giving me a headache.” Cain complained rubbing his temples.

“Why, it’s not like you can hear my thoughts, that’s all myths.” I stated 

“I know, but I can feel it remember. Everything you feel, I feel. And you missy are giving your brain on hell of a work out and it’s rubbing off on me.” he said