Chapter 24

Elsa's POV

**********

I feel the soft, powdery blanket of snow beneath me. But not the cold. I sit up, and note that I'm on a tall mountain during a winter night. I know I'm in a flash back, because of many reasons, but one stands out the most.

I can see Jack Frost.

Now, he's not the Jack Frost from my world, even though they look exactly alike. I know that he is from this time because, well, he can't see me.

A feeling of sorrow creeps over me. I want to be with him again, I don't want to be invisible. But I guess that there are some things that you just can't change.

He soars over the mountain, and lands swiftly on the snow. Immediately he begins to walk around, waving his staff around, and he begins to mutter words I can't really make out. He looks at the moon, his face filled with sorrow. I can hear the next words that come out of his mouth,"Why me?"

His voice is so pained and his face so sorrowful that I feel everything crumble inside of me. I want to help him, I want to do something, but I can't.

I look down the mountain and see a figure walking up. She has blonde hair, and she is wearing a very familiar dress. It's the same one I had worn at my coronation that didn't go so well.

Elsa has finally arrived.

Jack looks up too, and sees her walking. At first, his face only shows signs of curiosity, but eventually, it is filled with recognition and excitement.

"Elsa?" He asks in a whisper. But when she gets closer, he says louder,"Elsa!"

He flies towards her, and she walks straight towards him. He lands right in front of her, and says,"Elsa?" Again, a smile on his face.

But then the unexpected happens.

Elsa walks right through him, and that same pain fills his face, but times ten. Then I understand something. At this point, I'm like him and he's like me. I can't be seen. Just like him.

Suddenly, I realize how Jack's old life used to be like. It's like he is in a vision all the time, and only a few people can see him. I don't know why, but I'm determined to find out.

Elsa walks on, her back turned to Jack, who still hasn't turned to watch her. And when he does, she begins to sing a song. The same one at the party.

The snow glows white on the mountain tonight, not a foot print to be seen.

A kingdom of isolation, and it looks like, I'm the Queen.

I know right away that she's singing about Arendelle. Her face looks almost sad the whole time, but it also has a more just gloomy look.

The wind is howling like this swirling storm inside.

Couldn't keep it in

Heaven knows I've tried

Don't let them in

Don't let them see

Be the good girl you always have to be

Those last few lines send a pang through my chest, but I'm not sure why. And so does the first line of the next words she sings.

Conceal, don't feel, don't let them know

Well know they know!

Let it go

Let it go! Can't hold it back any more!