Chapter 20

Elsa's POV (after she falls back asleep)

***********************************

As I drift off to sleep, feeling no more pain, I find myself in another vision. I see myself, or Elsa, standing in a good sized room, staring at a picture on the wall. She is wearing a blue and black dress with a purple cape around her shoulders, and her hair is up, wrapped around her head. I can tell she is nervous. She keeps on fiddling with her blue gloves, taking deep breaths every once in a while.

I look at the picture she seems so engrossed in, and see a man holding two golden vases of different size and shape. I see her turn to the window behind her, and she looks out. I do too, and see a huge crowd of people in the palace courtyard. As she studies all of the people, she sings,

Don't let them in

Don't let them see

Be the good girl you always have to be

She turns away from the window, and walks back to the picture, in front of a small table. I walk over to where she stands to see what she is looking at. Two vases. The same as the one in the picture, but instead of golden, they are silver. She sings again as she takes off her gloves and lifts the objects off of the table.

Conceal, don't feel

Put on a show

She turns, standing in the same position of the man in the picture. Suddenly, the vases start to frost, and as she looks at them panically, she sings,

Make one wrong move

And everyone will know

She sets the objects down, and quickly puts the gloves back on.

But it's only for today

It's agony to wait

She opens up a set of huge doors and sings/yells,

Tell the guards to open up

The gates!

Elsa begins to walk slowly and, well, perfectly through the rows of guards on either side of her.

Don't let them in, don't let them see

Be the good girl you always have to be

She walks onto a balcony overlooking the many people eagerly waiting for...for what?

Conceal

She closes her eyes and takes a deep breath,

Conceal, don't feel, don't let them know

She opens up her eyes and smiles at the crowd. Though the smile looks genuine enough, I can still see the way her eyes are slightly wider than they should be if she is smiling, and the way she fidgets with her gloves. I also just know that she is nervous, and even scared, because, well, she is me.

Suddenly, time seems to fast forward, and I am standing on a small stage in what looks like a church. Elsa walks onto the stage and stands in front of a man holding the same vases that I had seen before on a pillow, but they are gold. She moves to pick them up, but then the man clears his throat, and she stops her hands abruptly as he says,"Your Majesty, the gloves."

She looks down at the blue gloves covering her hands, and slowly, but delicately, removes them from her hands. She then places the gloves onto the pillow and lifts the golden objects off of the pillow. As she turns, everyone who had been sitting in the pews stands, and the man holding the pillow begins to talk in a boring tone.