Chapter 36

OMG GUYS IM SO SORRY ITS BEEN LIKE 5 MONTHS UGH IM SO TERRIBLE WHEN IT COMES TO UPDATING QUICKLY ACK I REALLY DONT KNOW WHAT TO SAY EXCEPT FOR THAT IM SORRY AND THAT ILL TRY TO MAKE UP FOR IT
*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•**••*•
Elsa's POV
*•*•*•*•*•
"Pitch," I hiss under my breath. There's no mistaking that voice that still haunts both my nights and days. My face changes immediately from its I'm-so-depressed-about-my-son-but-somehow-it'll-all-be-okay look to anger. He just had to come along and ruin a perfect moment, didn't he? Could something not go wrong for once in my life?

These thoughts all run through my head seconds after I hear his words. I turn around to face the shadowy man, but then I notice with a start that I'm no longer in Jack's arms. I turn to my right to see me and Jack still locked in an embrace. But one thing has changed. They are both perfectly still, and I'm now standing on the balcony next to them.

Great. He's doing that whole separate-soul-from-body-stop-time thing again.

I can see that my arms are slightly transparent, so that just proves my theory. I look up at Pitch Black, seated upon one of his Nightmare horses, and many emotions flood through me. Fear, shock, confusion, anger. What in the world is he doing here?

So I ask him just that,"What are you doing here, Pitch?" I spit out his name.

He gives a dry, sinister sounding chuckle before replying with,"Oh Elsa, I'm surprised. Really. I mean, I have no idea how you could forget so, so quickly. It's only been a few months."

It takes me a moment to realize what he is talking about, and when I do, my heart just about stops. I try not to show how frightened I've suddenly become. I feel my blood run cold as I remember.

"I was just going to offer you the opportunity of a life time. With it, you won't have to be afraid of your powers. You can be free."

His words surprise me,"O ya? And what is that?"

"Join me." He says.

Despite everything, I laugh,"What? Why do you expect me to join you? I never will, ever." I stand up straighter, a pure look of hatred on my face,"I can't believe you would even think that that could even occur to me."

I turn away from him, and I begin to walk away, when he says," A-a-a, I'm not exactly giving you a choice. And if you refuse, the consequences will be severe. And not to just you. Turn around and see what I mean."

So I do turn, and what I see causes my heart to leap into my throat. Pitch's hand is hovering right over Jack's heart, the black sand surrounding his hand. Of course, Jack is oblivious,"You see," he says,"If I inject this sand into Jack Frost's heart, he will die a very slow, painful death. But, if you join me, he can live. Along with every other person you know."

A wave of realization runs through me, and I realize that if I don't join Pitch, Jack will die, along with everyone I care about. But if I do join Pitch, everyone will be spared. But my life will never be the same.

"I'm waiting," says Pitch.

"Fine fine!" I blurt out,"Just don't hurt him, please."

I snap back into reality, my chest filling with dread. I should've been ready for this. I had struck this deal with this man a few months ago. I should have known. But I didn't. I'd gone through the past couple months living when I should have been preparing myself for this moment. I know I wasn't thinking through my actions right as I'd told him "yes." And it's going to cost me; big time. As I think this, I remain completely silent. Pitch takes this silence as realization and fear, which really, it is. He looks down at me, and laughs,"Remember now, I presume? Good. Now, there's a certain way I want us to do this."