Chapter 16

Anna's POV

***********

The next day I have algebra and music. I hate algebra, and really anything having to do with math, but I am excited for music. It'll be my first time. I'm a pretty good singer myself, so is Elsa. But she is more uncomfortable in front of large crowds than I am.

I walk to algebra, and I am joined by Elsa. "Anna!" She says, catching up to me. "I'm sorry I haven't been able to really talk to you. You know, with everything going on..."

"Elsa, it's fine." I say, smiling.

She smiles back,"So...how is college so far?"

"Great!" I tell her,"Classes aren't nearly as hard as I had thought they'd be. And..." I trail off, smiling dreamily. Thinking about a boy with sandy blonde hair, dreamy eyes...

"Woah. Wait. Are you already developing a crush?" She asks, grinning from ear to ear.

"No!" I say, my cheeks heating up,"Well, maybe..."

"Ha! I knew it! Who is it?" She asks.

I lean in to her ear, and whisper,"Kristoff."

She gasps,"Really? How did you guys even really start to hang out?"

"Well, I had heard that he had a reindeer, and, I mean, who doesn't want to see that? So I asked him to show me, and he did. Then, we just stayed in the stables talking for a while, taking care of Sven, and we started to become friends. We go down to Sven as much as we can, and we are good friends now." I tell her.

She smiles,"Awe! So cute! I knew you'd fall in love someday!"

I roll my eyes,"Ya, well I wasn't so sure that you ever would, but I was wrong."

"What do you mean?" She asks me, trying to act nonchalant.

"It's not like I don't see the way you look at Jack, or the way he looks at you." I say, grinning with my eyebrows up.

Now it's her turn to roll her eyes, but then she opens them up wide,"Wait, how does he look at me?"

I laugh,"Ya, nothing's going on between you too."

She groans, throwing her head back. Her hair today is in it's classic braid, sometimes pulled forward over her shoulder or running down her back. It always looks beautiful, and I really am not surprised that Jack is falling for her.

We reach the class room, and Elsa and I sit in the same desk, side by side. I feel slightly awkward, remembering those years of separation between us. As the teacher drones on about numbers and such, Elsa keeps having to slap me slightly to keep me awake. After an hour of boredom, the horrible class is over, and I rush out the door into fresh air, breathing it all in.

Elsa comes out the door and joins me, laughing,"What's wrong?"

I look at her, and pretend to be out of breath,"If you hate math as much as I do, and had to sit through that for a whole hour, you'd understand my pain."

She laughs again, and so do I. We stand there for a few seconds, just staring at each other and smiling. Then, I remember that I have music class. My eyes open wide,"Music!" I whisper,"Sorry, I have to go. I have music class. Sorry. Want to talk again sometime?" Ya, I know, that sounds really awkward, but it's still a little hard between us. But, already, it's getting better.

She smiles,"Ya, of course."

I stand there for a few more seconds,"Now go. I don't want you to be late." Says Elsa, smiling.