Chapter 7; Kim Seokjin

Daddy's gone again. I hate it when he leaves me alone. I want him to be with me always....don't I? He leaves me with snacks and drinks and games and lets me watch tv but it's still so lonely. I've explored every where in the house, too, except the basement. That's off limits. Daddy said he'd have to hurt me if I ever went down there.   
     I go into the kitchen to grab a juice box when I hear a knock on the door. I jump in surprise and bite my lip in debate. Daddy said I can never never let anyone know I'm here. I have to stay silent and hidden but...what if it's important? Will he be mad if I answer or not? I shouldn't answer to strangers, though...
     The noise sounds again and I tip toe around the room to peak out of the curtain. A tall man in a uniform stands at the door. He has a badge on his black shirt and a weird hat. A policeman? I've never seen one in real life...I don't think. I can't remember.
     For some reason when I see him, flashes of light shoot through my vision. Red and blue. Glass and blood everywhere. A child crying and screaming for eomma...appa...
     Tears flood my eyes and I release a muffled sob as I run away from the door and to daddy's bedroom. I slide under the bed which is really hard since I'm so big and bury my face in my arms. Loud screeching sounds of metal clashing echo in my ears and just makes me cry louder.
Daddy...help me...

    "Jin, baby?"
     My ears perk up after a long time. I cried myself to sleep under the bed and now I'm stuck. I don't even know how long I've been under here. I'm scared.
     "D-daddy!" I cry out. Loud footsteps walk towards the room and pause at the door. "I'm s-stuck." Sniffling.
      "Why are you under the bed?" He asks curiously as he grabs my ankles and begins pulling me out. I wipe my tear streaked face on my shirt and shudder. He looks tired and annoyed but maybe not at me. He stares down at me blankly, waiting.
     "A m-man came here but I didn't answer the door like a good boy. He was a p-policeman. He scared me so I ran to hide under the bed but got stuck." I explain nervously.
     His eyes widen. "A policeman? He didn't see you?" He demands harshly.
     I shake my head. "No. I hid like you told me to."  
      He pats my head and kisses my lips. "Good boy, Jinnie. Such a good boy. I think you've earned a reward!" He smiles and my eyes light up. A reward?!
      "Please!" I jump up into his arms and he grunts from surprise, wrapping his arms around me anyway. "Carry me!" I bury my face into his neck as I wrap my legs around his waist. Sighing, he carries me towards the kitchen. I'm set down on the counter and I kick my legs in excitement as I wait.
    He leaves me for a couple minutes, going down into the basement before coming back with two bags. I bite my lip with impatience. He hands me the first bag with a smirk. I smile widely and rip it open to see all my favorite coloring books and brand new crayons as well as stickers and colorful books! And toys! And a really pretty pink stuffie. I pull it out lovingly to reveal the pink panda.
     I clutch it to chest and giggle happily. I wrap my arms around his neck. "I love you daddy! Thank you!" I hug the stuffie close. "I'm going to name her Rosy!" I beam.
     He slides his hands under my shirt and tickles my sides. I giggle and drop Rosy off the counter as my arms wind around his neck, his lips attacking my cheeks and neck.
"D-daddy! It t-tickles!" I scream as his fingers move lower to my waist and, dipping in. I push him back with a wide smile.
His expression is odd. His eyes are fierce and glinting dangerously while his breathing is harsh, his grip tightening.
"I got something else for you for being such a good boy." He pulls the other bag over. He looks me in the eye seriously. "This is for you to be a big big boy. Do you understand, Jin? I bought you those toys for being a good kid...this is different. This is to help you mature. I'm going to use this during our new therapy sessions." He mutters in my ear.
     I eye the bag curiously. "W-what is it?"
    He smirks before opening the bag for me to see inside. I laugh and glance up. "Daddy! T-those are girly clothes!" I smile.
      His eyes remain serious while his mouth twitches. He digs around inside the bag and pulls out something else. I don't know what it is. It's long and round and made of a clear and pink sparkly...jelly? He hands it to me and I wrap my fingers around it, frowning. It's hard and yet flexible in my hold.
    Pouting, I look up. "What is it?"
    He chuckles darkly before taking it back. "This is a big boy toy, baby. Don't worry, though, daddy will let you play with it." He leans down to kiss my nose. "I'll even play with it with you."
      My eyes widen in surprise and happiness! Daddy never plays toys with me! I nod eagerly. "Yes,"
     "Only during our sessions, sweetie." He smirks.
     "What? No fair! Daddy said he'd play!" I whine.
     He clicks his tongue. "It's almost time for our session anyway, remember? Afterwards you can play with you little boy toys, ok?"
     I nod. "I'll be good."
     "That's good, baby." He picks me up off the counter and begins carrying me to his bedroom. I frown in confusion. Usually we have the stupid sessions in his office...