Stalking

Recap

Slowly, I walked into my dorm room. I sighed in relief at being back home. It was weird that I already felt so at home and comfortable in my dorm. I made my way to my bedroom. I got into my bed and under my comforter immediately. Remembering that my phone was most likely dead I got out of bed and placed it on a charger beside my bed. I fell back into my bed overcome with exhaustion. My eyes slipped close, and I fell asleep. 

*******************************************************************************************************************

Jaiden's POV

I was awaken by an insistent buzzing sound. Groggily, I wiped my sleepy eyes and forced them open. The buzzing sound continued, and I rolled my head over in the direction of the sound. My white iPhone was the source of the sound, so I shot my hand out from under the warm covers to grab it. 17 missed calls and 12 text messages. I rolled my eyes, who in the world would want to get in touch with me that bad? I scrolled through seeing Ash's and Riley's name a few times. I also saw a number that I didn't recognize along with my parents' number. Lovely, I thought spitefully, I get to talk to my parents this morning.

I clicked on my parents, first, wanting to get the worst out of the way. The phone rang twice, and the sound of my mother's voice drifted out of my speakers, much to my displeasure.

"Why the hell, are we being charged so much from a hospital near Hollows," she screeched.

I was actually surprised that she even knew the name of where I was living. Usually she had no idea, so i was slightly taken aback that she knew my whereabouts. However, that didn't forgive the fact that she was yelling at me for something that I couldn't help. Most mothers would be freaking out and worrying if they had found out their child had been in the hospital. Not my mom, she was worrying over money that she had plenty of.

"Well Mother," I said coldly, "I was at some kind of get together with a new friend and something happened. I don't remember anything because somehow I hurt a part of my brain which caused me to lose my memory. You're being billed for the X-Ray."

She made a small snorting noise then said, "Well next time maybe you should be more careful, so I'm not stuck being billed."

I rolled my eyes about to respond when I heard the line drop. My mother had hung up on me without once asking me if I was okay. Hurt ran through me, and I felt heavy tears threaten to fall. I wasn't going to cry over my parents. I was beyond that point in my life. I knew it would be nice right now to have someone I could talk to and trust completely, but I didn't have that. Angrily erasing my tears from my eyes by rubbing them away, I decided to look at the text messages from Ash.

Hey, are you hungry? I could bring you something. Just tell me what you like.

The texts warmed me a bit. Someone does care for me, I thought to myself. I mentally chided myself. I couldn't be won over by Ash by a simple text asking me if I wanted something to eat! I needed to have more resistance to his charm than that. I scrolled to the next text deciding to not respond to Ash. I came up to the number that wasn't in my phone and read the text.

Hey baby, how are you doing? You need something to eat? I know you must be hungry, just tell me what you want. I'll get it. -Reed

I sighed in annoyance. The whole are you hungry thing got less cute when I realized both the boys did it. Obviously one of them was a liar because they both seemed to think we had some kind of relationship going on, and I would never lead two guys on at the same time. The fact that they both sent the same thing made me nervous. How was I ever going to be able to tell who was telling the truth? They seemed alike, even though they didn't get along in the slightest. I decided, again, to not respond. I would take care of myself, I always did. I pulled up Riley's message, and I got a little nervous to read it.