Room 3212

Recap

Finding the room 3212, I sighed in relief and walked in. No one was here yet, but I sat down in a chair in the corner. My heart was in my throat. I needed to see Jaiden again. I needed the reassurance that she was okay. I just needed Jaiden. Damn, I hope she gets here soon, I thought, setting my head into my hands.

*************************************************************************************************************** 

Ashton's POV

A whole hour had passed, and I was beginning to fear the worst. The woman downstairs said that Jaiden would be back in no time, and "no time" was not an hour. Something must be going wrong, something was always wrong in hospitals. Just when I stood up to find the doctor and demand him to tell me where Jaiden was, the door began to open. The doctor and a nurse, that was pushing Jaiden in a wheel chair, walked in. I let out a sigh of relief. I felt better just seeing Jaiden's beautiful face. She looked over at me with a mixture of surprise and anger. My heart picked up. Why was she looking at me with hatred filled eyes?

"Ashton, son, I need to talk to you outside," the doctor spoke with a sad look on his face.

I nodded and turned to Jaiden, "Is that alright baby?"

Her face scrunched up in disgust, and she turned away from me. I didn't understand the looks she had been giving me, but I decided to not worry about it. She had a hard night. From almost being raped to being put in the hospital, I could understand the reason she looked so angry and upset.

"I'll be right back, I promise," I told her quietly.

I turned around to walk out when she said icily, "I don't want you to come back."

My eyes widened, and I looked back at her in surprise. Why didn't Jaiden want to be with me? Right when I was going to ask the question, the doctor pulled me by the arm out of the room. The door slammed behind me, but not before I could hear the muffled whimpers Jaiden was making. I ripped my arm out of the doctors hold, so that I could go back to my baby girl and find out why she was crying. She was probably just upset. She would want me to comfort her, right? The doctor re-grabbed his hold on my arms.

"Will you stop? My girl is crying in there, and you want to have a little chat? She needs me," I said enraged.

"Ashton, calm down. I have something important to tell you. This is going to be difficult to hear," he said with a somber look.

I stopped immediately. He couldn't have to tell me anything too bad. I just saw Jaiden with my own eyes. She was fine! A little battered and bruised, but she would be okay. I nodded to the doctor, silently telling him to get whatever he had to say done with.

"Jaiden seems to have a slight injury to the cerebrum, in her brain. She must have hit it at some point tonight. The cerebrum deals with short term memory. To get to the point, Jaiden doesn't remember anything from the past couple of hours. The memories should come back however we aren't positive when the memories will come back though. In some cases, it took days, and in others years. The things she experiences from now on are not in any danger of her forgetting them, but everything before the incident will be forgotten for a while. We tried asking her what her last memory was, and she said she remembered leaving an Italian restaurant. Does that sound familiar to you?" asked the doctor.

Shit. She doesn't remember anything. She doesn't remember the conversation we had when I brought her dinner. She doesn't remember the party with Riley. She doesn't remember the way she wanted and needed me close after I saved her. All she remembers, is the part where I was a major dick to her. That's why she was so angry with me. I hoped that she regained her memories quickly because the thought of not being with her after she had already forgave me was intolerable.