Changes

Recap:

"Wait right here. I'll be back in a second," he said mysteriously.

I nodded curious to what he was going to do. Less than a minute later he came back into the living room with a bunch of pillows and blankets. In the open space in front on the plasma TV in my living room, he began to make a pallet. He placed blankets on top of each other and scattered a bunch of pillows on top. It looked very comfortable, and I got up to lay on it. Ash looked at me seeming proud of his work. I laughed at his expression as I sat down on it. I had to admit it felt very good, almost more comfortable than my bed.

Ash started the movie then moved to lay next to me on the pallet. I rested my head on his chest, and he put his arm around me. I cuddled closer, and I felt the exhaustion setting in. I didn't even try to fight the overwhelming need to sleep because I didn't want to watch the movie anyway. I fell asleep with the sound of Ash's breathing and the sense of safety.

************************************************************************************************************

Jaiden's POV

Feather-light kisses were being placed all over my face.

"Wake up Jaiden," Ash murmured.

He said the words in between kisses. I sighed and hugged him tighter. That was the nicest wake up I've ever had, I thought smiling.

"I don't want to wake up. I'm so comfortable," I whined.

Ash chuckled but continued to move me lightly, so that I wouldn't fall back to sleep.

"Okay, I'm awake," I grumbled.

"It's about time. You slept through two whole movies," he said grinning.

"Sorry I was so boring," I replied realizing that he probably had a bad time with me just falling asleep on him.

Ash kissed my nose, sweetly, then said, "Baby, you weren't boring. I'm glad you got some rest. The only reason I woke you, was so that we wouldn't be late to dinner."

At the exact moment he said that, my stomach let loose a loud growl. I huddled into his chest my cheeks red with embarrassment as he laughed.

"Yeah, maybe I should go get something to eat," I mumbled.

Ash responded by laughing and pulling me up. He grabbed hold of my hand and slid his fingers between mine. He tugged me lightly toward the door.

"Wait, I have to get ready. I probably look horrible after sleeping on the floor all day," I said with wide eyes.

I turn around to run back to my room, but my efforts were stopped when Ash firmly grasped my arm.

"First off, I'm offended that you are calling my wonderfully comfortable pallet I just made you, the floor," he said jokingly while holding his hand over his heart in mock hurt.

I giggle because he looks so silly joking around, and I liked this side of him. I open my mouth to respond, but he interrupts me.

"Next, you look absolutely beautiful. Really, sweetheart, you look perfect. Besides, I'm really hungry," he pouted.

I sighed and decided to just go to dinner. Besides, I had no one to impress anyway. If Ashton said I looked pretty, then that was all that mattered. I slipped on some shoes and laced my fingers with Ash's. We made our way outside of my dorm.

**********************************************************************************************************

Ashton's POV