Lies Revealed

"Thank you for a great night," I said while pecking him lightly on the lips.

I got out of his car without waiting for his response and began to walk back to my dorm. I was beginning to get really aggravated at myself. I didn't understand why I couldn't get Ash out of my mind. I thought about my night until I reached my dorm and slipped into bed. I was exhausted again, and for once I welcomed the darkness that was sweeping over me. I was done thinking about Ash, and it seemed like the only way I could escape the thoughts about him was through sleep.

*****************************************************************************************************

Jaiden's POV

Ash saw me from across the cafeteria and made eye contact with me. He began to make his way over to me, and my heart started beating frantically. I wanted him near me, and I was excited to be near him again. Ash finally stood in front of me, and the noisy room seemed to quiet. I looked up at him, only to find him leaning in. Right when my lips were about to meet his my alarm went off.

I woke with a start. I groaned thinking about my dream. It seems that not only does Ash rule my life during the day, he was also taking over my dreams at night. I got up, slowly, and made my way to the bathroom. My face was still heavily bruised, but it didn't hurt to move as much as it had. I splashed some water on my face to wake me up. I didn't know what to expect today. I still couldn't go to my classes due to my injuries, and Reed had told me that he couldn't stay with me today. Meagan also had classes, so she couldn't spend time with me either.I didn't know what to do. I felt good enough, so I didn't want to just sit around inside. I decided to go to breakfast then take the bus near Hollows that takes people to the small downtown area.

I chuckled slightly at the word downtown. In reality, people from big cities would laugh hysterically if they saw what people at Hollows called downtown. It only had a few restaurants and places to get clothes. The Chinese restaurant that Reed took me to last night was considered part of the downtown area, which was the reason I knew that it was so small. Still, it beat sitting around on campus in my dorm, by myself. I quickly threw on an outfit trying to pay more attention to what I wore.

I knew it was a silly thing to do, but I knew Ash would be at breakfast. I wanted to show him what he was missing. So, I slid into my favorite dark-wash skinny jeans, which was hard considering I still couldn't move very well. I put on a tight long sleeve purple shirt then threw a nice leather jacket on top. I zipped up my leather boots, and I made my way to the mirror to put some makeup on. I realized I hadn't worn makeup since I had been to Hollows, but now I needed it because the bruises were turning a yellow and purple color. I put some concealer on, but it didn't completely diminish the bruises. Brushing a little blush on to my face to give me more color, seemed to make me look more alive. I finished off my look with a few coats of mascara, then I looked at the mirror deeming my outfit and makeup good enough. I let my hair out of the bun that I had slept in, and thankfully it fell in controlled waves down my back.

I made my way out of the dorm and took a deep breath while cursing myself silently for caring so much about what Ash thought of me. In no time I made it to the cafeteria. As I began to open the door, it hit me. I didn't know where to sit. Was it acceptable to sit down at someones table? What if I couldn't find Meagan or Reed? What was I going to do? I began to panic, and I felt my hands moisten. My heart was beating fast. I didn't want to sit by myself. I began to turn around. I had decided I would rather not eat than go through the embarrassment of having no where to sit. As I turned I ran right into Meagan. She smiled largely and gave me a small hug. Relief flooded through my system, so I returned the hug.

"Good morning," she said cheerfully.

I mentally made a note that she sounded very chipper. She must be a morning person, unlike me, I thought.