Welcome to Hollows

Jaiden glanced down at her watch for the fifth time annoyed at her tour guide for being 35 minutes late. Great, I thought, it's my first day at Hollow's Boarding School, and I was already getting stood up by the student assigned to show me my dorm room. I looked around the beautiful campus from the bench I was sitting on with all of the luggage I would need for the next half year, scattered around me.

My parents were constantly worried about themselves, so it was always easier for me to go to a boarding school. Going to boarding schools saved them from having to pretend to be worried about me or be good parents. Luckily, Ben, my dad who I've never called Dad because of the lack in his fatherly rolls, was a top-notch surgeon which opened the doors to any school I wanted to go to. It didn't hurt my feelings that my parents had a lack of intrest in me because it had always been like that for me, and you can't be sad over something when you don't know any different.

 A breeze picked up snapping me out of my day dreaming. I clutched my sweater closer to my body. I was smothered in the sweater immediately due to my small frame. I was five nine, but I was really skinny because of the hours of relentless work outs I put myself through. However, even with my skinny frame, I didn't think I was very attractive. My blond hair was long and wavy, and my blue-gray eyes were framed by thick black eyelashes, but I really wasn't someone you look at twice. I mean I couldn't be. I was a senior and never had a boyfriend or been kissed. It was partly because I had attended all girl boarding schools before, but that was really not a good enough excuse for never even being kissed.

At the beginning of the year I attended an all-girl school in Texas, but I decided over the Christmas break that I wanted to try something different. I wanted to go to Hollows because it was a boy and girl school and because of the location of the school. Hollows was in Florida, though it wasn't on the shore line it was very close. I loved the beach and the thought of restarting myself was very tempting.

Restarting, I thought, smiling at the idea. I wanted the last part of this year to be different. I hoped I was finally going to meet someone because the thought of going through my entire high school time without a boyfriend was depressing. My amount of experience with boys wasn't the only thing I wanted to change, I wanted to start living in the present. I had never gone to fun parties with the rest of the girls, I had stayed in to study. I never did anything daring or worth remembering, and it was time for me to live my life in the present and have some fun.

Someone clearing their throat brought me out of my thoughts. I gazed up under my eyelashes to see a boy so beautiful my mouth went dry. His hair was a golden brown color and looked like it was styled in an effortless way. He probably just got out of bed ran his fingers through his hair and walked out the door which somehow made him seem even more attractive. He wore dark wash jeans that looked designer by the way they looked on him, but I assumed he could wear a paper bag and make it look designer. He wore a black v-neck, under a gray hoody, that hugged his muscular chest which was golden with a tan even though it was winter.

I gulped audibly at a loss for words. This boy was the hottest guy I had ever seen, which he seemed to know judged by his cocky grin. I finally dragged my eyes away from his body to look at his eyes which sparkled with amusement. I gasped cursing myself for openly staring at him for so long. I could feel my cheeks start to warm. I averted my eyes surprised at my lack of self control.

He chuckled, "Like something you see? You must be Jaiden. I'm your tour guide Ashton."

He teased me so confidentially that it triggered a response in me I hadn't expected. I was angry.

"I would have liked the view better if it had been here 40 minutes ago you conceited jerk," I say glaring.

His eyes widened quickly in shock and said quietly, "Yeah, sorry about that. I got held up."

I rolled my eyes knowing held up meant he either forgot, or he didn't take his job of tour guide very seriously. Both scenarios sucked because all I wanted to do was get to my dorm and get settled in. Unfortunately, Hollows thought getting a tour guide would make you feel more at home,and Ashton had my dorm number and key.

"Wow, being forgotten on my first day on campus and being left to sit in the cold is definitely one of the best welcomes I've had. Hollow's principal said to wait for you here on the bench outside the library for my tour guide to give me a great Hollow's welcome. I must say, you have done an outstanding job," I said ranting.

 What's gotten into me I thought. I would never have said this to anyone at one of my old schools, especially to a boy so beautiful.

"I didn't forget you, I promise, I got held up at football practice. I'm sorry," he repeated his eyes softening with guilt, showing he really did feel bad.

I sighed, my breath coming out in a puff you could see due to the freezing temperatures. I started to feel guilty for chewing Ashton out when I didn't even knowing him.

"Lets just forget about it and go, I'm freezing," I say quietly getting up from the bench.

Just like that, his sweet boy face was gone and replaced with his cocky look, "I'm sure I can make it up to you," he said suggestively raising his eyebrow.

Splendid, I thought, the players back.

*********************************************************************************************************************

Hey guy! I know it's really short, but  this is my first story. I'm not sure if I should continue please comment on your feelings on if I should. If I do, I promise to make it longer and more interesting. This story sounds cliche right now, but I have twists so bare with me. I'm sorry about my horrible grammar. Comment on your feelings about Jaiden and Ash! Thanks everyone(: