Chapter 30 : Forced Schooling

(NOT EDITED)

Chapter 30 : Forced Schooling

I wake up to see my best friend sitting on the edge of my bed.  “Alex?” I whisper.

“You look like an alien. Swollen lips, puffy eyes, red nose. I know you have been crying.” She said. She knows me too well. “Spill.”

I tell her everything about how I got into a verbal fight with my parents and how my mother acted like a total bitch when I questioned and blamed her for Sarah’s death and how I prayed for Travis to come back and how I fell asleep crying.

“Oh.” She said wiping a tear from my cheek. I didn’t even notice I was crying until she wiped my tears away. “C’mere.” She said and pulled me into her embrace. After Travis died I became quite. I wouldn’t talk to anyone, not even Ron or Eric. Alex was the only one who I talked too. I used to cry every day, every night and rant about how my brother left me, she never complained. After then I started considering her as my sibling. My sister and I couldn’t afford to lose her.

“Did you meet them?” I asked. She knew I was referring to my parents.

“Yeah, they were just leaving. You mother wanted to see you before they left, but you were sleeping. She didn’t want to wake you up.”

“More like she didn’t have the balls to face me.” I scoff.

“Emily, see I know you hate your parents, especially your mother. But she still is your mother. Travis was her son too. It’s not like she didn’t love him. She still loves him and she most definitely loves you too. I really think you should stop making her feel guilty about Travis and Sarah’s dead. She lost her son too, you know.” Alex says softly brushing my hair with her fingers. I suddenly snap out of her arms and look at her like she’s grown an extra head.

“Alex! How can you even say that!? You were there with me! You were there at the funeral! You saw what that woman did! I not only hate her, I hate my father too! I hate both of them from the bottom of my heart! They fucked up my brother’s life and it caused him his life now they want to fuck up my life! And I won’t let them! They don’t love me, Al. They didn’t love Trav either!” I say. My blood is boiling with anger! How could she even think my parents love me when clearly they don’t!

“Okay, Just get up and get ready for school.”  Ugh. School.

“What time is it?”

“6:45, come on.. get your ass out of this bed.” With that she picked her bag up from my bed and left my room.

I got up and took a nice long shower as I had an hour to get ready. I picked out a pair of ripped denim shorts and a hot pink tank top with “Wild” written on it. I tied my hair into a messy bun like I saw in one of Bethany Mota’s  videos. For shoes I went for my white converse because they are super comfy. I applied a thin layer of eyeliner followed by my favourite mascara and clear lip-gloss.

I make my way towards the kitchen and see Alex making herself a peanut butter- jelly sandwich.

I quickly pick a granola bar and shove two more granola bars in my bag. Alex packs a sandwich and puts it in her bag and eats the other one. After eating I grab my car keys and we leave the house without speaking a word to each other.

I pull into the driving lot and we quickly grab our bags and make a move towards the doors. We enter into the hallway and I feel everyone’s gaze on me. I decide to just ignore them and head to my locker. Oh shit! I forgot my locker code!

“8361” someone whispers in my ear. I turn around to see Eric standing behind me with a smirk on his face. I ignore him and open my locker. How the heck did he know what my locker code is?

“Still ignoring me? You know I left a bunch of messages and called a hell lot of times.” He says scratching  the back of his head.

“I know” I say and brush past him. I hear heavy and fast footsteps behind me. why is he following me? can’t he see I’m trying to ignore him.

“I am going to consider you lost your phone and didn’t know about my messages and calls.” He says with a sigh.

“Whatever makes you sleep at night.” I say and walk faster towards my English class.

When he didn’t stop following me I started running. Yes, I ran! I ran until he was not in sight. I quickly walk through the hallway making sure Eric is nowhere in sight. And THUMP!

OW!”

“Emily! What the hell?!” she says massaging her forehead where my head hit hers

“I’m sorry Dun! I was, um, I spaced out!”

“Clearly!” she said annoyed with me. “Anyways, what took you so long?”

“Omg you won’t believe it! I was being chased by a three headed giant dog! Just like the one we saw in Harry Potter!” I joke with a serious expression.

“What!?” Donna half screams.

“Jeez! Dun, I was joking!” I say. She literally believed me? I start laughing looking at her angry face. She smacks my arm and pulls me into the class. “Oh, and remind me to change my locker code please. The three headed dog knows my locker code.” I say and she rolls her eyes completely annoyed.

Lunch break

I enter the cafeteria and again all eyes are on me, they are probably trying to recognise me or they recognised me and are like “what is this freak doing here?”

I walk towards the table we usually sat in but instead of my friends there was another group of juniors sitting there. I mean okay we were not around for while, but now we are back and I won’t tolerate anyone else taking our table.

“Um, hey? This is, um, our table. By our, I mean me and my friends. They’ll be here in a bit. Mind sitting somewhere else?” they all look at me and start laughing. Dafaq?

Suddenly I feel someone’s arm around my waist. Donna and Alex to my right. Justin and Susan to my left. Ron behind me with his arms around my waist.

“Let me rephrase that” Justin said taking a step towards the jerks that have occupied our table. “Move your asses right now or else I will rip your balls off and shove them in your mouth. Okay?”

With that all of them picked their lunches up and moved away from our table. They didn’t even look at us while going. Within a second the table was clear. “You’re a badass, babe.” Susan said and wrapped her hands around Justin’s neck and kissed him. We all started laughing and took our seats.

Halfway through lunch I feel Ron tensing up beside me. His arms stiffen and his grip around my waist tightened. I looked up to see what it wrong, I saw his eyes fixed on something, his nose flaring with anger.

I tried to see what he’s looking at but Justin’s head blocked my view. I shifted a bit to adjust my view.

Oh no. No, no, no!

There I saw Ethan and Eric walking towards our table, both of them had smirks on their faces, they were laughing and talking like they long lost buddies. And then both of their eyes set on me.

See Alex? This is why I don’t like school! I say in my head.