Chapter 3 : Didn't See That Coming

Alex's P.O.V

Finally we're back to New York!

School starts in a week, I wish summer never ended! Florida was amazeballs!

It was so beautiful I feel like hitting rewind all the time!

But I don't know what happened to Emily while coming back, I've known Emily for a long long time and I also know she has a soft corner for Eric. She has never told me about it, but come on if a girl drools over a boy and tries to take his pictures without him noticing her cleary shows she likes him!

She can fool herself, but not me.

I wonder what happened between them? there seemed to be some sort of tension between them. And then her reaction over Eric asking to help me, it was weird.

Just when I was thinking about her, she called me

"Hey! Em! I was just thinking about you. i'm missing Florida already!"

"Yeah, I wish we could go back.. I would anyways like to go back and change some stuff" she said with a sad tone. I knew she was biting her nails right now, because she was nervous and she surely wanted to apologise to me.

"Em, if you want to apologise, let me tell you.... its fine, you didn't do anything wrong. It was just weird for you to react like that! I mean come on, the poor boy just wanted to help me." I could hear her chuckling.

"You know me so well, Alex ! I love you, you're my best friend really! "

" I love you too, so what's up?"

" Umm, nothing, I just wanted to ask something... I mean... I've always wanted to but not like this-" she trails off.

" Em, go ahead, you can tell me anything you want, I'll always be there for you and you know it!" I say with all my heart, Emily is really a great friend and I love that she is always by my side when I need her. 

" Umm... actually it would be better if we meet, I don't think I can say stuff like this over the phone" okay, now this girl is confusing me.

"Okay- where would you like to meet? "

"your place? I'll be there in 10 if you don't mind!"

"Sure. you're always welcome!"

she hangs up leaving me confused and curious at the same time .

What does she wanna say? why is it bothering her so much?

Too many questions but one answer. All I have to do is wait!

_____________________________________

Emily's P.O.V

As I hang up I rush towards my wardrobe, throw my animal printed onesie on the floor, put on my signature black skinny fit jeans on, with a turquoise blur color tank top and a cream cardigan. Just a few make up touches and I'm ready.

Now before you ask why I'm getting all dressed up ? that is because I am going to go to Alex's and then to Eric's and i should look presentable in front of him, right?

I don't know what's gotten into me! but what is mine, is mine! and Eric is mine! has always been and will ever be!

I drive real fast and reach in 5 minutes. Alex's house is just 8 blocks aways, that's not much.

As I get down she opens the door, it's always been like this, she waits for the sound of my car being parked in her driveway and rushes to her door to open it for me.

She has been my friend ever since i remember, it would be wrong if I said she was not like my sister! And today this sister will have to sacrifice for me, for my love! I know I'm being selfish but today I can't help it!

"Hey! what took you so long!?" she says as she pulls me into our usual bear hug.

"I was just getting ready" I say, nervous and scared of what is going to happen next.

"Come on! lets go inside and talk." 

I start feeling more and more nervous as we walk upto her bedroom.

Am I being too selfish? should I be ashamed that in a way I am going to betray my best friend / sister!?

"So, what is it? tell me quick! I need to know!" she says with excitement .

Oh Alex! only if you knew how selfish and possessive I am when it comes to Eric!

"Okay! I am not going to fool around or anything I am just going to say the truth and I hope you respect my feelings." I say with a little bit of confidence and a lot of fear!

"Okay, Shoot" she says with a confused look on her face.

"While we were in Florida Eric came up to me saying he likes you and really wants to be with you and-" Her eyes go wide but she doesn't speak a word, "And I really really really like Eric! and I want you to back off!" I say in a harsh tune .

"But Em-" I cut her word before she can speak and continue "Listen I know he is adorable and gorgeous and I am so sure you like him too, but not as much as I do! I can die for him! and this is why I acted like that back in Florida! Alex please! he is the love of my life! spare him for me!"

"Emily-" I cut her off again ! "Look Alex I know I am acting selfish and I know am not a great person or whatever! but what I do know is that I'm a human being and I make mistakes too! but you have to understand! please."

"Emily! Please let me speak,would you?! take a breath! here have some water" she says as she hands me a glass of water from her bedside.

"See Emily, I should have told you this before, I should have not hid this secret from you.. but even I came to know like two years ago and I was too ashamed to even speak about it"

"What is it?" I ask as I take another mouthful of water. I really needed water after so much of talking.

"Em, I'm a lesbian....."

My eyes go wide, I spit the water out of my mouth and choke. She pats my back as i cough and cough and try to recover from this shock!

WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK JUST HAPPENED!?

"What!?" I say a bit too loudly than I intended.

" Yes, it is the truth" she says as tears escape from her eyes and fall onto her cheeks.

I quickly pull her into a hug as she sobs with her head on my shoulder.

"I am so sorry Alex! I am such a mean, selfish kind of a human being! I am so sorry you had to tell me like this! Please forgive me."

she lifts her head "its ok Em, you're my sister... I had to tell you one day, so this day it is"