Chapter 23 : The Finale (Part I )

(NOT EDITED)

Chapter 23 : The Finale (Part I )

Alex offered to drive and we let her. After almost 45 minutes Alex parks the car near a beach.

“Why the hell are we at a beach?” Donna asks.

“It is a boat party. The boat leaves at midnight which means we have only 15 minutes left. So get your asses out of the car.” We do as she says and get our asses out of the car and walk towards the beach. There is a small bridge thing that is made for us to get into the boat. I knew Joshua was rich. I once heard my mother say they beat us in business. I don’t know a shit about our business so I don’t really know what she was talking about but yeah, one thing I knew was Joshua’s family were richer than ours. And from that time onwards my parents have started working their asses off to become number one again. I blame Joshua and his family for my distant parents.

We get on the boat just in time. This is no normal boat, it a huge cruise boat and I overheard people saying this ‘boat thing’ was to prevent police raid. I must say I’m impressed. The boat hasn’t even left yet and I see people already getting wasted. Red cups everywhere. I spot a group of guys smoking pot and two people making out on the deck.

After 10 minutes the boat starts to leave. “So this means if you want to leave the party you would basically have to jump into the water and swim back to the shore?” I ask Donna and Alex. They open their mouths so say something but something behind me catches their attention. “Yes” I hear someone whisper in my ear. I turn around to see who it is and see Joshua smirking at me. Asshole. “You look beautiful.” He says and his eyes sparkle.

Because of all the lighting on this boat. Not that his eyes actually sparkle naturally.

“Why thank you.” I say with a forced smile.    

“Still on number two, Robertson?” he says with a evil grin.

“Still the same old bastard, Spencer?” I ask mocking his facial expression. His grin fades and then suddenly his face lights up again.

“I am looking forward to enjoying this party with you, Robertson.” He takes a few backwards and then adds “I hope you know how to swim” then winks at me, turns and walks away.

Idiot.

“Great. Just great.” Alex says throwing her hands in the air. I look at Donna and she rolls her eyes at me.

“W-What happened?” I ask looking at both of them.

“Emily, this is Joshua’s party. You ought to be nice to him.” she says and puts her arm over my shoulder.

“Yeah! Now he’s going to try his level best to make you regret coming to this party.” Alex says and puts her arm over my other shoulder.

“Shit. I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to spoil this for you guys. It’s just that where ever I go, I fuck shit up.” I sigh and then let out a frustrated groan.

“It’s okay.” Both of them say at the very moment.

Donna offered me a cup of alcohol, but no way in hell I am drinking tonight. This is Joshua’s party after all. He can drug me or something like that. It’s been an peaceful hour I am just standing at a corner looking at the sea. Both of my friends are having the time of their lives and I am not going fuck up this time. Joshua has been giving me weird stares each time he went past me and all I did was smile and nod. I’ve started feeling thirsty but I believe if I move from here something bad will happen. After 10 minutes I just couldn’t control it. I needed something to drink. So I just walk over to the drinks table and I see a red cup filled with water. I am so relieved to see water.

Before I could grab the cup someone softly pushes my hand back. I look up to see the mysterious person’s face.

Ethan.

“That’s vodka. Stay here I’ll get you water.” He says and walk over to the freezer and takes his time to search for a bottle of water for me. Between all the alcoholic beverages he finally found a small bottle of water for me. The bottle sure is small but it’ll work for now.

He hands the bottle to me and I take it from him. “Thanks” I say smiling at him.

“Did something happened between Ron and you this morning?” he question completely catches me off guard.

“W-W-Why do you ask?” I say trying to act as normal as possible.

“Ron came to see me” he say and my eyes widen with shock. “More like to beat the crap out of me” he says with a small chuckle and my jaws drop open.

“What happened between you two? Are you okay? Did he hurt you?” I start to panic.

He lets out a soft laugh “Just a few punches. I was able to calm him down. Do I look hurt to you in any way?” he says.

Well not physically but mentally, maybe? I want to say but instead I say “Um. Ron does hit hard though.”

“You know your lack of confidence in me is kind of insulting.” He looks at me and narrows his eyes.

“Um, Sorry?” I say trying to look as cute as possible.

“It’s okay.” He chuckles. This guy sure does chuckle a lot.

“Well, Well, Well. Robertson getting comfy with the new guy. I like it.” We turn to see a very annoying Joshua standing in front of us. “What about poor Ron, Emily?” he says and the pouts.

“It’s not what you think mate.” Ethan takes a step away from me. Till now I didn’t realize how close I was standing to him.

“Ah! British. You know she always had dibs on British people.” Joshua says winking at me.

How the fuck does he even know that?

“Stalker much?” I ask him looking at him with an eyebrow raised.

“Ohh.. Sorry for interrupting your conversation with this new guy, but I just can to inform that the game of spin the bottle is going to start and you guys have to take part.”

“We don’t want to.” We say in unison.

“Well, that’s not how it works. You both have to. You see, my parties have some rules and ‘everybody’ has to participate in this particular game.” He says giving me one of his signature evil smirk.

“Never heard of that rule before Spencer!” I protest.

“Rules change sweetheart. My party, My rules. Now come on you don’t want miss the fun.” He winks and then leaves.

I turn to look at Ethan and he gives me the same annoyed look.

Oh lord. This is going to be a long night.

Hey guys :D

I can’t believe I am so close to 1k reads. Thank you so so so much!

Don’t forget to Vote, Comment and Share this story.

Love y’all xoxo <3