The Catch Part 2

"So," Sophie prompted, "what is the catch?"

"The Catch," Emery said, "is that we, the council, will personally be handpicking the names on your scroll. If I am correct the scrolls.."

"Can be received on Sunday," a councillor with raven black hair and rosy cheeks said. The woman wore a velvet emerald green dress the contrasted her bright blue eyes. Sophie wondered if she knew Kenric. Sophie was pretty sure the councillor's name was Lietetta. (Lee-EH-Ta)

"Right, Sunday," Emery said. "Anyways, your scroll will be ready at the same time. You are dismissed."

Sophie curtsied, Alina laughed, what's new? Sophie thought.

"I can see you are a fiery young woman," Patti said leading her back to her friends.

"Um..."

"That's a good thing, in my point of view. The Council could use a little scolding here and then. I believe you should continue to speak your mind; you'd become a strong leader one day."

"Thanks," Sophie said unsure how to respond.

"No need," Patti chuckled. "It is a great honor to meet you at last. And for the record, your eyes are quite a unique trademark. Most beautiful. Let no one tell you you're freaky, you are a heroine."

Sophie nodded unable to handle so many compliments and attention.

"The day you find that lucky lad, call me. I will help you plan that wedding. Free of charge."

"Wow, thanks."

Patti nodded. "Good bye, Miss Foster,"

"Bye."

Patti left leaving Sophie with her friends.

"What happened?" They asked in unison.

"Not now, when we get to Everglen," Sophie said trying to process everything that had just happened..