Secret Garden

"So," Fitz said now that they were alone. What do ya want to do?"

"I dunno. Is Biana here? It'd be awfully rare to have her NOT eavesdrop."

"Yeah, I agree. Biana is out shopping with Della. They needed ANOTHER pair of shoes."

Sophie smiled. She could see how Biana and Della shopping for one pair of shoes turn into a situation having to do with three more closets.

"Actually," Fitz said, "I have an idea. Follow me."

Sophie an Fitz ran outside across the property.

Fitz brushed off some vines uncovering an iron door. He pulled a key out of his pocket and unlocked the massive door. When Fitz opened it she gasped. Sophie had never seen something so beautiful.

Inside, there were flowers everywhere, a fountain in the middle, a grassy area to the right, and a tree with a wooden swing hanging down from it.

"A secret garden?" Sophie asked.

"Yes," Fitz said with a grin that reminded Sophie of kid in a candy store.

"Wow."

Fitz took Sophie's hand and walked over to the swing.

They swung for a while before sitting on a bench under a willow tree.

"Sophie?" Fitz asked.

"Yes?"

"Do you think the council will let you become an Emissary?"

"Honestly? I don't know. On one hand, they know I can handle the job, on the other hand, there's Alina."

"I hope you do."

"Thanks, but why? Why want to work with the freaky eyed elf?"

"Because, your the most talented person alive, and your not freaky, you're beautiful."

"Thanks," Sophie blushed. They enjoyed each others company a little while longer before Sophie decided to go home.

______________________________________________________________

Sophie woke up at a decent time. She knew there was nothing special going on today. After Sophie thought about it, it had been BUSY. She had mostly taken the time to spend time with her friends because they were going to go to the Elite levels pretty soon.

On Friday, there was the graduation and sleepover, the sleepover went until sunday, then tomorrow Sophie was going to meet Fitz, and finally on Wednesday, Sophie was going to find out whether or not she is becoming an Emissary.

Sophie trudged out of bed and walked down the stairs for breakfast.

"Hi sweetheart!" Edaline said.

"Hi, mom, where's dad?"

"Right here," Grady said.

"Oh! Hi," Sophie said embarrassed that she didn't see him in the Kitchen.

"So," Edaline said glancing at Grady.

"We hear that you are going over to the Vacker's tomorrow." Grady finished.

"Um, yeah, Fitz asked me to meet him there..."

"And?" Edaline said excitedly. "Well, where are you going?!"

"Oh," Sophie said somewhat relieved. "Fitz said it was a surprise."

"We're just teasing you," Grady said. "We want you to be careful of course, but I know Fitz wouldn't hurt you. However if he did-"

"Then," Edaline interrupted before things went the wrong way, "we trust you can handle yourself. But, we give you permission to go."

"Thanks," Sophie said slipping away from the room before things got worse.

For once, Sophie was glad that she was able to eat quickly.

Just then, Sophie's imparter rang.

She answered it.

"Sophie! You need to come over to Everglen RIGHT NOW. Don't worry about dressing or brushing your hair!!"

So, do you like short or long chapters?"