Biana.....

"Biana..." Sophie said.

"Please come. It's an emergency!"

"Okay, fine, be right over." When Biana said, emergency, Sophie feared for the worst. Sophie ran downstairs but couldn't find Grady or Edaline. 

"No!!" Sophie said. She needed to get to her friend without worrying her parents.

Sophie was so upset a tear rolled down her cheek.

"No!!" Sophie said again. What if the Neverseen were back, or someone is hurt? She needed to stop wasting time over tears.

Sophie found paper and a pencil and scribbled a note:

Grady and Edaline,

Biana. Emergency. Sorry. I will be careful. Tried calling, didn't answer. See you soon, bye.

Sophie hoped it was enough. Probably not.

Oh well, Biana needed her more. Life is full of hard decisions. Sophie knew one thing though: Biana needs her.

Before Sophie left, she grabbed a melder. Just in case.....

Sophie ran up two flights of stairs, scolding her clumsiness. 

"EVERGLEN!" She said.

Sophie ran into the beam of light only hesitating a second.

No. This WAS the right choice and Sophie wouldn't let her mind's scenarios keep her from getting to Biana.

Sophie stepped into the beam of light.

When she had opened the gates, Biana ran from the house.

"Oh thank goodness you are here!" Biana said quickly. "Come to the garden. It's more secluded. I'll tell you in there. Try not to scream."

Sophie slowly nodded following Biana with shaky legs. Sophie started walking normally when it was costing her to much time. Her legs would NOT be the result of someone's death. Assuming, of course, that us what the emergency was.

When Biana opened her mouth and no words came out, Sophie braced from the worst.

It can't be THAT bad, right? Sophie couldn't be more wrong.