Matchmakers

"Every one is inside," Biana said leading Sophie into the house.

"Hi," Sophie said looking around.

Marella, Jensi, Fitz, Tam, Dex, Keefe, and Linh were all coming.

"Ready to go, Foster?" Keefe smirked.

"I can't WAIT!" Biana and Linh gushed. They both  burst into giggles.

"Come on, guys. Lets go," Fitz said taking the lead walking up forty seven flights of stairs. By the seventh flight, sophie nearly broke an ankle walking in her heels.

Biana had made a last minute decision to do makeovers, so sophie didn't have to go in pajamas. Biana picked red heels, mascara, eyeliner, and the dress shown below. 

"Woah," Fitz said as Sophie entered the room

Sophie blushed. Sophie also wandered if that is why Biana didn't put any on her. 

Eventually they got to the matchmakers office.

An elegant castle lay before them who twisty towers everywhere. They proceeded into the mansion in awe.  

"Hello," a woman named Patti said. "Proceed to desks 2, 3, 5, 8, 11, 22, 39, and...OH, my lord! Sophie Foster! Right this way!"

"No," the woman scolded when her friends tried to follow.

"Um," Sophie said.

"Dear, you must be frightened. Not one single place you can go these days, eh? No reason to worry." 

Odd, sophie thought those were Alden's favorite words.

"In here," Patti said opening the door into a chamber.

Inside were all twelve councillors.

"I am extremely sorry about this, Ms. Foster. It-"

"It was not your decision, and therefore out of your hands," Alina snapped.

"WHAT is going on?" Sophie demanded.

"You see," Terik said.

"Um," another councillor said.

"I am very sorry about this, but," Oralie said.

"For goodness sakes!" Bronte said. "Though I don't agree, let the poor girl know! She's probably thinking we are cowards or going through worst case scenarios!" She has the right to know, though. Otherwise, what did we drag her in here for?"

Emery rubbed his temples. Then he sighed. "Miss Foster, because you are a special case, the council and I have gotten majority vote and decided that..."