chapter 13

I suddenly opened my eyes and understood nick had slept next to me on the bed.i got up  and looked at the clock.it was 3 A.M.he was dead to the world.i left the bed and searched for my purse.i found it at the corner of the room.i couldn’t turn the lights on so hardly I opened it and found the pregnancy kit.i had to know whether or not I was pregnant or not.slowly without any sound I opened the room and went downstairs.i went to the bathroom and locked the door.i didn’t want nick to understand I was awake.i looked at the mirror and waiting for the result.i was worry,confused and thinking about what would happen after it?!i was looking at the watch .seconds were moving so slowly.after twenty minutes I looked at the kit with a strange fear and a lot of stress.i couldn’t believe.i was pregnant.

I grabbed my head and thinking about the baby,nick and all those confusions in our life.how could I tell him when he wanted to go and find the boys?!i touched my stomach.that was a weird feeling.

I couldn’t sleep that night and till the morning I was thinking and searching for the best way to tell him.it was 6 A.M and I decided to go outside.i didn’t know why I  wasn’t afraid of the sea.i wanted the fresh air.the sea was shining under the rays of the sun like always.a special silence was the king of there.my hair started to dance with the wind and my white skirt were moving around.it seemed like the breeze wanted to touch me in the best way.

:Brianna?nick said

I turned my head . nick was awake.he came closer.

:did you  get ready?he said

:nick I can’t.i said

:why?he asked

:cuz there is something you don’t know about it.i said

:what is it?he asked

I wanted to tell him but my tongue was tied and couldn’t find the word to say.

:just let it go nick there is something more important than it.i said

:what the hell is that?nick said angrily

I looked into his eyes and suddenly ,uncontrollably tears were streaming down on my face.i left there quickly.he was running after me.

:wait Brianna.nick said

I was walking so fast and tears were held in my eyes like a big sea.i opened the door and went inside.nick was yelling.

:I am talking to you.stop Brianna.nick said angrily

And suddenly he grabbed my hand and pushed me near the wall.he was really strong.

:what’s wrong with you?he yelled.

I couldn’t stand any more.

:I am pregnant.can you understand it?i am pregnant.pregnant.i yelled.

And suddenly I explode my lump and started to cry.he was shocked.his eyes were becoming bigger and bigger.he left my hand and starred at me.he was really shocked.he grabbed his head and went outside.i sat on my knees and started to cry loudly again.i saw him through the window he was going near the beach.definitely he couldn’t believe it.he came back and opened the door.he stood infront of me and starred at my wet eyes.he came closer.

:I’m sorry baby.i’m sorry.nick said

I didn’t know what to say.i just kept looking into his eyes.

:I didn’t know that.i shouldn’t treat like that.i’m really sorry.i couldn’t believe.i’m so happy to hear that.it is one of those greatest news I’ve ever heard.yeah you are right.this is more important than these bullshits.he said

He came closer and touched my wet face.he looked at my stomach and kissed it.i started to cry but this time those were the tears of the happiness.i grabbed his head and he hugged me.he took me near the sofa.i sat there.he starred at my eyes and it was crystal clear that he was really over the moon and I was really happy cuz I thought if he know this news he would get mad or maybe angry.he went to the kitchen and brought the glass of water.i was pregnant.nick’s baby was inside of my stomach.i was the luckiest girl in the world.the luckiest.again he forgot about all those boys.he sat beside me and grabbed my hands.

:I’m really happy.i want to see our baby.he said

I smiled but if we wanted to see the baby we had to go to the city and the city had a bad effect on him.the boys advertisement and posters were everywhere.no it would be a bad idea.

:nick come on.let it be surprise.we will wait till the day of our baby’s birth.i said

:noooo..he said

:yeees.come on there are  lots of important things like our baby’s room and things.i said

He smiled and I saw a sparkling light in his eyes.he was really happy.

:yes yes.you are right.he said

His smile was unique.i told it for thousand times and I will kepp saying that..i missed his unique smile but that time he was smiling like an angel and that made me to feel I was in cloud 9.

He took my hand and we went out side,near the beach.

:this is the great life.he was shouting.

I was laughing.he took me with himself into the sea.our feet became wet.the water was cold but that was enjoyable.he was smiling and kept smiling.he was amazing.

Days were passed and passed.and my stomach became a little big.we made our baby’s room.we didn’t know that would be a boy or a girl but we decorated the room without thinking about the sex.he was really eager and excited.he used to talk about all kinda names.boy’s names and girl’s names.he even telephoned his mom and told the news.her mom became so happy and she really crossed her finger for us.she said she couldn’t wait anymore to meet us.but we didn’t tell anything about our house or leaving the city to her.

One night I felt dizzy and it didn’t stop at all.i laid on the bed to feel better but it was becoming worse and worse.he was really worry.

:come on let’s go to the hospital.he said

:no it would get better.i said

:but you have a pain and it really make me worry.i am so afraid.brianna come on.let’s go.he said

But I didn’t want to go to the city.i hated the city.

:no nick..i said

But suddenly a strange pain came along all over my body and baby moved for a second.it seemed like the baby had a pain too.he decided too quickly and took my hand and helped me to left the bed.that was four months which I was pregnant.he picked my purse and carefully he took me downstairs.i was really mad because we wanted to go the city.he opened the car’s door.i got into the car and still I had that strange pain.he started to drive.

:nick don’t drive too fast please.it’s ok.there’s nothing to be worry.it’s usual.i said

It seemed like I eased his heart by those words.he kept driving.i pulled the window down and let the breeze touch my face.that was a long road .after one and thirty minutes we were near the city. he drove the last highway.i could see the lights of that big city.that big city with lots of bad memory.i was praying and begging God in order he wouldn’t see the poster of those boys.the streets were like before.no changes.we were almost near the hospital.it was 2 A.M and no one was in the streets.we got there.he opened the door and grabbed my hands.in each step he was with me…