Chapter Twenty-Two - Text Message

It took a lot of effort to finally get K.O. to calm down, and Potato couldn't have been more relieved once he finally did calm down. Potato stayed close to him the rest of the day while they waited for night to arrive, and they just did whatever they could to pass the time.

Potato pulled up the map on the hackpack and checked to see how much farther they had. "We only have one more location to go," Potato said, letting out a sigh of relief. "Man, this book is almost ready to be wrapped up and the second book will have to go up pretty soon."

K.O. smiled a small bit, happy to know this whole adventure was almost over. He was eager to get out and start traveling, but he knew that they had to wait until it was later at night when they could leave.

"Hey, Potato, do you ever feel lonely, even when you're around other people? Even if it's just like, one or two people?" K.O. asked, looking down at the ground.

Potato looked at K.O. with a sort of surprised look on her face, but her look changed from surprised to just a slightly sad expression. "Actually, yeah, I do," she responded. "All the time."

K.O. looked up at Potato and she looked at him, both of them were blushing slightly. Potato immediately knew that this was her chance, and she started getting close to his face.

K.O. blushed as Potato got closer, and soon she was right in front of his face. Before anything could happen, though, there was a noise that came from the hackpack, starting the two. Potato just shook her head and checked out the hackpack to see what was going on.

"Uhh, K.O.," Potato said, clicking on one of the screens. "I think you got a text on this. I don't know how, but -- You know, you should just check it out."

K.O. went over to the hackpack and clicked on the screen, shocked to find that he received a text. He looked over up at the name, and he felt upset again to realize it was from Fink. He just let out a sigh and decided to read the message, hoping it wasn't anything harsh.

Told Venomous some current information about you, though not your exact location. I told them you were in the previous location you were in to buy you time and get you to the location you want to go. Don't ask why I'm helping you, it just feels right to do it knowing what'll happen if K.O. gets caught.

Just keep going, leave about one in the morning. The villain league will be looking for you about an hour and a half after that, so don't worry about being caught. Trust me on this. Also I'm sorry, K.O., but it just slipped. I didn't mean it, I swear.

- Fink

K.O. just stared at the screen for a while before Potato spoke. "Do you think we can trust her?" She asked as she raised an eyebrow. "I mean, she did just ditch us and say she was still working for Venomous."

"We have to," K.O. responded, letting out a sigh. "It's our only hope. If it isn't a trap, it isn't a trap. If it is a trap, it is a trap. We went on this mini adventure with this type of mind, we have to continue that way."

Potato stared at K.O. blankly for a brief moment before responding. "I guess you really are right," she said, chuckling. "Like you normally are. When exactly did you get this smart and mature?"

"Somewhere between this whole wipeout thing that I'm still trying to figure out, seeing a lot of my plaza friends die, wondering if Enid and Rad are still alive out there and if my mom is alive and okay, and now I guess," K.O. shrugged. "And also having all those weird dreams. Just not that long ago I had a dream about being eaten alive by this demon creature thing."

"Oh! Is that the dream where you said you didn't want to die?" Potato asked, tilting her head. "Fink actually told me that you were sleep talking that night."

"Haha, yeah," K.O. said, rubbing the back of his head. "I could actually feel me being eaten alive, too, oh my stars it was so painful." K.O. shivered at the memory of the dream and forced it into the back of his mind.

"Well, either way, I'm glad that you're okay," Potato said, clapping her hands together. "Anyway, we need to once again pack everything one last time before we have to leave."

K.O. just nodded and went to go pack everything up once again. He was happy that this small adventure was almost over and that the next one would start up soon.

Whenever that was going to be.

(A/N) I have no regrets for teasing that K.O. and Potato moment, fight meh xD

Well, school was just another long day, haha. I'm not really in the mood to talk about it, or anything going on right now because I'm really... Ehhhh nevermind, I'd rather not talk about it

Anyway, if you enjoyed this chapter, please vote and comment, and I'll see you in the next one! :>