Chapter Twenty - A Familiar Place

The three arrived at the next location and K.O. couldn't have been more relieved. The area was a decent size and it reminded him of the location he, Potato, and Colewort stayed at before they all went on this small adventure and before Colewort died. He couldn't forget about that, it was one of those cliché moments the main character was constantly reminded of it for no apparent reason.

"It's very familiar," K.O. said, looking around it. "It feels like I've been here before."

"It's the basement to your old house," Fink said bluntly, making K.O. stop talking and stare blankly at her. He immediately felt his heart sink and he just looked down at the ground.

Fink immediately realized what she said and took it back. "Hey, it's okay, I was just messing with you!" She said in attempt to cheer him up. "Please don't take it personally! I swear I was just kidding!"

Potato glared at Fink, knowing that she had messed up the moment she said that. She didn't think there was any way of fixing what Fink had just said, and there really wasn't.

K.O. ignored Fink and quickly turned around toward a wall. He slowly walked up to it didn't even speak as he looked up, confusing Fink and Potato. "I remember when me and my mom decorated this wall," he said, looking down finally. "She would always hang the drawings I did that wouldn't fit around the house on this wall."

He ran his hand across the wall, and the texture of the wall immediately made him know this really was his old basement. The texture of the walls were always different from all the others, and he never knew why. Maybe his mom somehow knew the wipeout would happen and wanted to make sure he had found his way home, he never really knew.

"Are you okay, K.O.?" Potato asked with concern.

"...I can't believe we're really going to stay here until tomorrow," he sighed. "I don't really want to, but at the same time I really want to. Maybe this'll give me a bit more closure on wanting to go home again, I'm not entirely sure."

"K.O.," Potato said, walking up to him. "Are you sure you're going to be okay?" She placed her hand on his back as he just stared at the ground, thinking about things.

"Leave him be," Fink said, crossing her arms. "He's obviously just going to ignore you."

"Shut up, Fink!" Potato snapped. "He needs to be comforted right now! We've been a group of friends for a year now, I know how to deal with him and cheer him up!"

"Somebody's got a crush," Fink whispered in a sing-song voice, but all Potato did was glare at her. "Come on, K.O.," she said, pulling him away from the wall. "Let's get you away from the wall so you don't get overemotional again. I can't stand to see you get upset like that."

Once Potato pulled K.O. away, he snapped out of whatever mood he was in. "I feel like this wouldn't have went like this if you didn't tell K.O. this was the basement to his house," Potato said to Fink. "Are you sure you're not trying to hurt us? I feel like it would've been much better if we went by ourselves rather than having you tag along."

"Hey, don't blame me, I wasn't originally planned to even appear," Fink snapped. "And you know what happened when you went alone. Colewort died, his body got snapped in half. I'm surprised nobody's eaten his body yet. Damn, why won't you just let me be leader while I'm helping?! K.O.'s doing a lousy job at it, anyway!"

K.O. looked back at Fink when she said this and his eyes went wide. He really didn't expect Fink to say that, and it honestly hit him like a brick. He felt tears start to form and tried forcing them back, but his emotions got the better of him. He fell on his knees and placed his hands in his face and started shaking. He was crying once again, and Potato and Fink just looked at him.

Potato closed her eyes and clenched her fists before looking back over at Fink. "What the hell is wrong with you?!?" Potato shouted, not trying to hide her anger anymore. "You said you're trying to help us, but right now you're just making things worse! It would be better if you just left us alone to do this ourselves!"

"Fine," Fink responded, walking toward the door. "I'll be happy to leave, helping you was a pain anyway. I wasn't really working with the hero, I just know where they are through advanced locating technology. I'm still working with Venomous. Don't worry, though, I won't tell him you're here just yet, I'm not a cruel monster. I will tell him what else I know, though!"

Potato gritted her teeth as Fink crawled out the exit and closed it behind her. She really couldn't believe that Fink was lying to them the whole time. She let out a sigh, hoping that Fink really wouldn't tell Venomous their location.

She caused enough trouble already.

(A/N) Sorry for not updating in the past 3 / 4 days, my cousin Kobi was staying over and I wasn't really able to work on this while she was here. Anyway, the update schedule should hopefully get back to normal here pretty quick, so that's good

Also the first book is getting closer to being over! I don't know how many chapters there will be left, but I do know the first book will end soon and you'll have to wait like 5 days to a week for the second book because I'm an evil human :>

Anyway, that's really all I wanted to say. Please vote and comment if you enjoyed, and I'll see you in the next chapter! ^.^