Chapter Twelve - Leaving

It was officially time to go, and nobody could've been more anxious. They had to leave their base for good, and they couldn't ever return.

K.O. quickly and nervously pulled up the map he programmed into the hackpack and then hopped outside with Potato and Colewort. "Okay, let's go," he said nervously, closing the exit behind him. "We heard north from here and continue going north until we reach the base. Let's go!"

They all quickly headed north, still trying to remain as quiet as possible as they did so. Never have they went outside of their base like this, and it wasn't ever as intense as it is now. There was a lot of rubble on the ground, but at the same time, quite a few buildings that the villains have built.

While walking with Colewort and Potato following closely behind him, K.O. started looking around a bit. The moon and stars were hidden by many clouds, and it almost seemed foggy and misty outside. The weather was sort of muggy, but K.O. didn't really mind it.

K.O. started remembering how he traveled around this area when he was lost. He was panicking and looking for his mom, and maybe hoping to find Enid or Rad. He was a bit disappointed at the time that he found Potato and Colewort, but he had learned to be very grateful for them being his friends.

The time went by fairly quickly when they were walking, and K.O. was keeping a close eye on the clock. He felt more and more dreadful with each passing minute, and he just wanted to reach the first base already. Words couldn't even describe how he was feeling, and he hated it more than anything.

Eventually, after a lot of traveling and staying hidden, they managed to reach the first base. K.O. couldn't have been more relieved when they had finally made it.

"We're here, but we can't rest for very long," Potato said. "Get the supplies left for us, do what you need to do, then we'll start heading out again."

K.O. sighed. He really didn't want to head out again afterwards, but he knew they'd have to. He walked around, looking at the stuff left out for them. There were water bottles, which to his surprise, were flavored and small snacks that you'd find in a lunchbox that you'd take to school.

He pulled off the hackpack and placed the items inside a pocket that was made to hold food and beverages. Afterwards, he set the hackpack off to the side so he could go for a short bathroom break. Once he was done, he put he hackpack back on and went over to Potato. They were ready to go again.

They stepped outside carefully and started heading toward the next base, where they would stop and take a break for the day before heading back out at nighttime. K.O. had to admit he was pretty tired and he wanted to sleep, but he knew that it wasn't the time.

After a long while more of walking, there were three shadows that crept up behind them, making the three stop dead in their tracks.

"Hello, little heroes," a familiar, annoying voice said from behind. "Did you miss us?"

The three turned around and their eyes went wide at the sight of Darrel, Shannon, and Raymond. They stood there, unable to do anything, when Shannon quickly jumped at them. K.O. shook his head and jumped put of the way, pushing Potato with him. This caused Shannon to land on top of Colewort, and Darrel and Raymond to jump on him as well.

K.O. got up and his eyes went wide in terror as he saw Colewort fighting off the three. "Go guys! Go!" He shouted, trying to get the bots off him. "But ---" K.O. was interrupted by Potato grabbing onto him.

"We have to go," she said, pulling on him. "Now."

"But Colewort ---"

"Just go on without me! Please!" He looked at K.O. and Potato with tears in his eyes. "Please, you don't need me slowing you down."

K.O. was about to jump inside until Potato forcefully pulled him back, snapping him out of it. "Let's go, now," Potato said, looking at K.O. with fear in her eyes. He took one last glace at Colewort, who was still trying to right the bots before he ran and caught up with Potato.

Deep down he hoped that one day they'd manage to see him again, but he knew that it wasn't going to happen because even though him and Potato had already ran far from the bots, he heard a loud scream echo across the sky.

And because of that, he knew he'd never see Colewort again.

(A/N) Very bad rushed chapter, I'm sorry about that. I just couldn't think of anything good this time around for the chapter

Anyway, I finally killed off the character I've been planning to kill off, so there, fight meh xD

Well, that's really all I have to say for this (very crappy and rushed) chapter. If you enjoyed, please vote and comment, and I'll see you in the next one :>