Chapter Eighteen - Fink's Shortcut

"I still can't believe you'd do something like that, Fink," K.O. said as Potato came back into the area from cleaning the marker off her face. "Especially with what you drew on Potato's face. That was completely uncalled for."

"Well, I'm sorry. I just really couldn't help myself," she responded, crossing her arms. "Just drop it already, we need to get going before you're found."

"Wait, what?" K.O. asked. "What do you mean?"

"Villain technology has advanced this past year. As of right now villains are about as powerful as P.O.I.N.T was, it doesn't take long for them to figure out where someone is."

"Oh God," K.O. said under his breath. "We better leave, then. But how are we going to leave without getting caught or seen?"

"That's where I come to play a role in the plot. I'm here to help you guys get out and about without being spotted and captured. Trust me, K.O., you don't want them to find you, it'll be worse than you can ever even imagine."

K.O.'s eyes went wide with shock and fear. "Uhhhh," he said, looking around. "Okay, I get that, but what exactly would happen if I did get caught?"

"You'd suffer a fate worse than you've ever suffered before. A fate worse than suicide, becoming a villain, self-harming, becoming a strange ooze creature, or even being killed by a rat minion. It's worse than you think, K.O., I'm being honest here."

K.O. stood in silence for a moment with a face of discomfort. He wished Fink would stop mentioning his dreams now. Ever since he told Potato about them, he told Fink them too, but Fink's been making an even bigger deal about it than Potato ever was.

"Follow me you small clods," Fink said as she walked over to one of the walls. K.O. and Potato looked at each other for a brief moment before following her. She stopped once she reached one of the walls and cracked her knuckles.

"If I dig this way enough, we'll stumble upon an area hidden from view much like the place you walked through to get here. Then we can proceed to walk to the next location and stay there for the rest of the night. Got it?"

K.O. and Potato nodded and Fink just smiled as she stuck her hand in the small area of the wall that was softer than the others. K.O. and Potato watched in amazement as she tore the area off, revealing a muddy wall behind it.

She then dug through the mud and continued digging until there was a hole big enough for Potato and K.O. to crawl inside with her. "Come on," she said, motioning for them to follow. K.O. crawled inside first and then Potato followed behind. "Now stay in this spot until I dig down far enough. Once I reach a certain point I'll let you guys know and you can follow me, and then we'll repeat this until we're where we need to be."

K.O. nodded and then Fink continued to dig down the area, looking around her as she did so. Once she reached a certain point, she called for K.O. and Potato, and soon they were right behind her. This process repeated a few times until Fink spotted something in the side of the wall while digging.

She quickly looked behind her and made sure that she was far enough from K.O. and Potato before she carefully grabbed it. She blew off the dirt and wiped off what was still left. A huge smile crossed her face once she realized what it was and she quickly placed it in the pocket of her dress before she continued digging.

Once she dug a small hole in near the end, she once again called K.O. and Potato over before she continued. "We're at the exit," she said as they entered her sight. Once they were right in front of her, she dug up the last amount of dirt and crawled outside.

K.O. briefly covered up his eyes to block the very dim light shining through before hopping outside. "Woah, what is this place?" He asked, a bit confused.

"A place we need to walk through to get to the next area. If you want to check your map on the hackpack you stole, go ahead. It's just a shortcut."

K.O. let out a small growl as he pulled the hackpack off of his back. He hated it when he was accused of stealing the hackpack just because he took it from his dead, decapitated friend. He didn't even think it mattered since she was dead and she technically did allow him to use it since she programmed his name in it as a user, but apparently it did.

He checked the map and realized that Fink was right about this being shortcut.

He just didn't understand how she knew about it to begin with.

(A/N) I'm gonna try to stop making so many meta jokes and fourth wall breaks, like seriously xD

Well, anyway, I'm not too bothered about school tomorrow since it's only a two day week because of Thanksgiving break. We hardly do any work this week because there's really nothing to do in such a short amount of time xD

Anyway, that's really all I need to say for this chapter. Please vote and comment if you enjoyed, and I'll see you in the next one! xP