Chapter Fifteen - Strange Dreams

The night went by pretty quickly and K.O. and Potato went to bed quicker than expected. When the two woke up again, they were ready to leave to the next location.

"Okay, so from what this says, the next base is two and a half hours away from here. I think we can go to that one tonight and tomorrow head to the next one, which will take five hours," Potato said pointing at the locations in question on the map. "We'll also take anything we found here with us, it might be important. That includes the beds and even the notebook."

K.O. took a deep breath. He was more nervous doing this than before, especially considering what had happened just a few nights ago. Though he knew he had to do it, so he nodded. "Okay," he responded. "I'll go get the notebook and beds."

He grabbed the two beds and opened up the hackpack. It really surprised him how much space was actually inside it, and it reminded him of some bags in TV shows that never seem to fill up and can have a million things put inside them.

He put the chairs inside and then he grabbed the notebook. He was really curious about who the notebook belongs to and how they were talking about the wipeout. If he ever found out, he hoped that it wouldn't be some major plot twist that confused him even more.

Sighing, he put the notebook inside and put the hackpack on. He was ready to go out, and he was hoping nobody would die this time.

Potato opened up the exit and poked her head outside. She motioned for K.O. to follow, and he did. He hopped outside right after her and closed the exit behind him. "Over here," she said, pointing toward an area that seemed to be hidden away from the open area. "Let's go over here, it'll be safer."

The two quickly ran over to the hidden area and stayed there for a brief moment. K.O. was surprised to see that the path actually went pretty far down, just like a normal road would. "We can stay hidden as long as we travel on this path," Potato said as she started heading down it.

K.O. followed, trying to look around as he did so. It was dark where they were, but they could still see. It smelled like stale water mixed with the smell of dead flesh, and it almost made K.O. want to throw up.

It was also quiet in there, so quiet it made K.O. uncomfortable. You could hear your footsteps as you walked across the path, which was made up of rocks and leaves, and you could even hear your heart beating if you listened close enough.

"So, K.O.," Potato said in a quiet voice, grabbing his attention. "If it's not too much to ask, what exactly have you been dreaming about? I'm curious."

K.O.'s face went blank. He had to admit, he's had some pretty crazy dreams, but he wasn't entirely sure if he wanted to share all of them. There were a few he was okay with talking about, and that was really about it.

"Well," he said, rubbing the back of his head. "I remember that in one of my dreams, I was possessed by this shadowy version of me that made me pretty powerful. It wasn't exactly like T.K.O., but that's the best way I can describe it. Anyway, it would take over at random times, and one day I ran away into the forest. I met Venomous there and I let my dark side take control, then I went to the plaza and basically roasted everyone."

Potato couldn't help but smile at the strange dream. She was convinced that it had a much darker meaning than what was let on, but it didn't really matter to her right now. She was actually amused by the dream, and wanted to know about some more dreams that he had.

"Another one I had was about me getting beat up and severely injured. I actually became depressed to the point of suicide, where I jumped off the roof of the bodega in front of the entire plaza."

Potato nearly choked on air after she heard this. She immediately looked at K.O. with a worried expression, but he just looked at her with an emotionless expression.

"Another one I had was about me finding a knife on the shelf in the bodega and cutting myself with it," K.O. quickly said. Potato's eyes just went wide and she immediately turned her head to look forward, hiding her extremely shocked and dead inside expression.

"Oh, and in another one I was this weird ooze creature that attacked Enid and Rad in an abandoned building. The ooze dripped on Rad and slowly ate him alive from his flesh down to his bone as it spread across his body."

The fact that K.O. was explaining his dreams with an emotionless tone really freaked Potato out, but she shook it off quickly.

"You have some pretty strange dreams, don't you?" She asked, chuckling nervously.

"Yes I do," K.O. responded, letting out a sigh.

"Very strange."

(A/N) You know this can't be a true book of mine until I reference my other books, haha! Seriously, I love doing that, it's actually really fun and everyone's reactions are hilarious, I love them xP

Anyway, that's really all I want to say this time around. Please vote and comment if you enjoyed this chapter, and I'll see you in the next one! ^.^