Chapter Seventeen - A Bit Mischievous

Throughout the rest of the night, K.O. and Potato kept on asking Fink questions. She got annoyed at the excessive amount of them, but she tried to answer them the best she could. "Okay, I got one last important question," K.O. said, looking at Fink straight in the eyes.

"What is it?"

"How could you have killed me? Why'd you choke me to death like that? Why'd you crush my chest?"

Fink just went quiet and she tilted her head in confusion. She was about to ask what on Earth K.O. was talking about when he burst out laughing as loud as he could. "Nah, I'm just messing with you, Fink, don't worry."

Fink just looked off to the side with an uncomfortable look on her face. "Anyway, I'm gonna get to bed," K.O. said, letting out a yawn. "Have a good day's sleep, K.O.! I'm actually going to get to bed myself," Potato responded.

Fink just watched as K.O. grabbed the cat beds from the hackpack, but that's when she noticed the notebook lying on the ground. She let out a gasp and looked around, and quickly grabbed it. "Uhh, whatcha doing?" K.O. asked her, making her yelp in surprise.

"Ummm, nothing," she said, holding the notebook out in front of her. "I was just wondering where you got this book from."

"Oh, we actually found it abandoned at the last area we stayed in. Why? Is it yours?" K.O. asked as he set the bed down next to Potato's.

"No, it's not mine," she said, looking down at the notebook. "I just knew the person that owned it before, that's all."

"Wait, you knew who it was?" K.O. asked. "Who's notebook was it?"

Fink hesitated for a moment. "I can't remember their name, but I knew who they were."

K.O. gave a slightly suspicious look for a moment before smiling. "Oh, okay! Well, if you remember who they were, let me know! I'm curious!"

Fink nodded in response as K.O. went to his bed. Fink watched him as he wrapped the cover around him and curled up into a small ball. She smirked a small bit at K.O.'s adorably ridiculous behavior. She hated to admit it, but K.O. was one of the cutest heroes around.

Once he turned the light off, Fink closed her eyes to adjust to the light. She opened them back up and blinked a few times. Afterwards, she slowly crawled toward the exit and opened it up. Before she stepped outside, she looked back to make sure the two were still sleeping and then crawled outside the exit, shutting it behind her.

"I'll have to return at sunset," she said to herself as she started running away on all fours. "They'll never know."

~*Timeskip*~

By the time it was sunset, Fink quickly and quietly opened up the exit door and hopped inside. She quietly closed it and walked over next to K.O. and Potato. The two were still asleep, and she sat in between the location of their two beds.

She knew that they'd be asleep for another hour or so, and she really didn't know what to do until then. She just looked around, tapping the floor out of boredom. Suddenly, she remembered a marker that she hid in the pocket of her skirt / dress thing and pulled it out.

A small smirk crossed her face as she pulled the cap off and crawled over toward Potato. "This'll be fun," she said to herself as she started drawing on Potato's face. She forced herself not to laugh as she drew what she drew because she really didn't want to wake the two up.

After she was done writing all over Potato's face, she crawled over to K.O. and did the same to him. She drew less inappropriate things and more morbid things on K.O.'s face, and she enjoyed every single second of it.

After she was done drawing on innocent people's faces, she put the marker back and sat down where she sat before. She might've been helping them, but that wouldn't have kept her from doing mischievous and bratty things to K.O. and Potato. It was in her nature no matter who she was helping, and that's something everyone ha to deal with.

She chuckled to herself when she heard K.O. made a noise. She turned around to face him only to find him squirming around in bed and mumbling things to himself.

"N - no, stop it," he mumbled as he continued turning around. "Please, stop it! I - I don't want to die!"

Fink couldn't help but feel bad for K.O. He must've had nightmare's constantly, and she really felt for him. He was going through so much, yet here she was, doing what she was doing. She really did wish she could hug him and make him feel better, but she knew not to.

Because no matter how much she'd help him, in the end it didn't matter anyway because no matter what she did, he'd always be suffering.

He'd always suffer because of what they all did.

(A/N) 17 chapters already? Haha, wow, this story is getting lots of chapters. Feels like we just started this story xD

Well, there's really not much else to say this time around since it's the weekend and nothing interesting happens on the weekend. The only thing I have to say is to please vote and comment if you enjoyed, and I'll see you in the next chapter! :>