Chapter Two - Stocking Up on Food

K.O. walked up to the exit and took a deep breath as Colewort and Potato followed behind. It was fifteen after midnight, and they were ready to sneak out and stock up on food, and if they had time, a few other things they needed.

K.O. had his small pocket knife and taser in the pocket of his vest that he got when he was hired to work at the bodega. It still feels like forever ago, and he really wishes that he could go back in time to before the villains took over and enjoy everything he took for granted.

He just shook his head and looked over at Potato and Colewort, who had bags to put the food they were going to gather inside.

"Are you ready?" K.O. asked, placing his hands up on the exit. Colewort and Potato nodded, and K.O. proceeded to slowly open up the exit.

He waited a moment before briefly peeking his head outside the now open area in the ground. It was foggy and dark outside, and there was rubble and debris everywhere along the ground. It was quiet, which actually sent a small chill down K.O.'s spine.

He quickly then got back inside and motioned for Colewort and Potato to follow. They nodded and quickly crawled out, and K.O. followed behind them. After he hopped out moved the exit door back over the hole in the ground so their base wasn't visible.

"Okay, which way do we go?" K.O. asked Potato, looking around to make sure nobody was watching. Potato pointed toward a building not too far in the distance. "Over there," she said in almost a whisper as she started to run quickly and quietly toward it.

K.O. and Colewort followed her, being very cautious. The thing about leaving the base was that it was always something you had to with extreme precaution, because you never knew if you'd get caught by some random villain wandering about at night.

The two skidded to a stop when they caught up with Potato, who was quickly and quietly stuffing as much food into the bag that she could fit. It amazed K.O. with how fast she was able to put everything inside the bag so quickly and easily.

Colewort went over to help Potato, and K.O. just stood there, keeping watch.

Everything was going good for a little while, when there were suddenly footsteps coming from behind them. The three all turned toward the sound and started to quickly close the bags in panic.

K.O. frantically looked around and saw a nearby dumpster. He quickly and quietly motioned Colewort and Potato toward it, and they immediately ran toward it.

It was high off the ground, but they used some boxes that were lying next to it to climb inside. K.O. was behind the two, but it didn't take long for him to catch up and hop inside as well. After he was inside, he quickly closed the top of it, leaving them in the dark.

Everyone was breathing heavily, trying to calm down and catch their breath. K.O. could feel his heart in his chest, beating faster than ever. After a few minutes, everyone's breathing slowed down, and they managed to calm themselves down.

None of them said a word while they remained in the dumpster. The risk of them being found was too high at this moment, and they wanted to stay hidden. K.O. tried to listen for the footsteps heading the other direction, but he couldn't hear a thing.

Suddenly, the footsteps started back up again, and they didn't stop until they reached the dumpster. At this moment, everyone held their breath. They were robotic footsteps, making it easy to tell this was a Boxmore bot.

With that, K.O. heard the lid being opened up, and he immediately pulled out the small taser and got ready to shoot whoever was about to open the lid. There was silence for a moment, and K.O.'s heart once again started beating rapidly.

The door started to creak open, and Colewort and Potato covered their eyes in fear, afraid of what would happen. Whenever it was opened up all the way, K.O. quickly attacked the bot with a taser, and it was knocked to the ground.

K.O. peeked over the edge of the dumpster outside, and was shocked to see it was a Darrel. He stared at it for a moment before shaking his head and looking back at Colewort and Potato, who uncovered their eyes.

"We have no go, now," K.O. declared. The other two nodded and quickly grabbed the bags of food they managed to get and hopped outside after K.O. and ran toward their base.

K.O. quickly opened it up and Colewort and Potato hopped inside faster than they hopped inside of the dumpster. K.O. then hopped inside and closed the exit door.

He fell down on the ground in exhaustion. This was the exact reason he didn't want to go out, but he went out anyway. Him, Colewort, and Potato were almost caught, and he felt terrible because of that.

Though all that mattered now was that they were safe and back inside their base unharmed.

And that was all that mattered to him.

(A/N) Whoo boy, that was intense! I even felt pretty anxious when writing this, afraid something would happen to these guys! (even though nothing bad was going to happen, as you guys can tell they made it out okay xD)

Haha, this was fun to write! It's sort of a filler chapter that doesn't really matter, but either way I hope you enjoyed, and if you did, please vote and comment, I'll see you in the next chapter! ^.^