Chapter 11: Separate Spirits

Shoutout to Samant456 and shantyboo1 for correctly guessing the identity of Thalia's killer!

Shoutout to MajesticallyMajestic and percyjackson-fangirl for creating the most accurate theories!

Shoutout to Autum_Fantasy! Go check out her amazing fanfic titled "Brooklyn's Story." I strongly recommend it. Should be the first book on her profile.

Shoutout to azhou1234567890 for beta reading this new chapter on fanfiction.net! Thanks for the help!

I'm really sorry. You poor readers have been waiting for far too long. I have many reasons as to why I didn't update sooner, but I'm sure you don't want to hear them. So I hope you enjoy this extra long chapter! :)

-BlueFangirlStreak (SaraFangirlofPercy)

Katie's POV

It was the morning of our quest. We had just finished eating our breakfast and were patiently waiting for Argus to pull up with the van. Chiron had instructed us to travel to Mount Olympus so that we could have the "privilege" of being thrown into the Pit by those disgusting Olympians.

The silence was beginning to become awkward for Annabeth as she nervously avoided the death glares Nico and I were sending in her direction.

Stupid Annabeth.

Always trying to be the "hero" by volunteering for every single quest.

I was so tempted to tell Chiron to choose someone else in my place, but my mind immediately screamed at me, reminding me that Percy was suffering in Tartarus. So I steeled my nerves and told myself I was going to accept this quest and hopefully rescue Percy from his punishment with the help of Nico.

I bet Annabeth only volunteered so that she could regain her fame. Or maybe she planned on causing Percy even more anguish by shoving her face in front of his so that he could be reminded of the betrayal.

My jaw clenched tightly as I growled angrily at the thought.

If she even dares touch a single hair on his head, she's never going to see the light of day again!

Before my mind could explode from rage, the familiar sight of the camp van approached at the bottom of Half-Blood Hill.

We raced down the hill towards Argus, greeting him and jumping into the back of the van.

The ride toward Olympus was silent. The tension in the air was so thick that it could've been sliced in half with a sword.

After a long, boring car ride through the city, we finally arrived at the Empire State Building and began to pile out of the van.

Before sliding the door closed, I sent Argus a grateful look before telling him, "Thank you for the ride Argus. You know, I don't know why you're so underappreciated. You do so much for the camp, yet you don't receive recognition. Well, I just want you to know that I'm thankful for all you've done for us. Have a safe trip back. Bye."

All of his eyes twinkled with unshed tears before I closed the car door and watched as he drove off.

When the van was completely out of sight, I turned around only to discover that Nico and Annabeth had ditched me. I groaned in annoyance before running into the lobby of the Empire State Building.