Chapter 2: Tribulation in Tartarus

Hello there everyone! Hope you enjoy chapter 2! :)

-BlueFangirlStreak (SaraFangirlofPercy)

Lysias/Percy's POV

           I couldn't shake the horrible sensation of vertigo. I constantly kept on stumbling and losing my balance. Lord Tartarus informed me that it is possibly a repercussion from losing my memory on a very dangerous mission. He ordered me to remain in bed until I was positively sure that I could walk normally again. 

           Laying in bed, I deeply yearned to regain my memory that was now unrecoverable. My lord claimed that returning my memory was beyond his power, but I'm still not easily persuaded on that certain matter. I am not a fool as they might believe me to be. I will discover how to reclaim my memory, one way or another. 

            All I can remember is that my masters are Lord Tartarus and Erebus. A long time ago, my family abandoned me and my lords were kind enough to grant me a new home. I have a vague memory of my dad, the only one in my family who still loved and supported me. I can't recall his name or his facial features, but I do remember how the cruel sea god, Poseidon, murdered my dad for no apparent reason. 

             I was punished, thrown down here by the gods because... I can't remember why... but as soon as I landed here, my lords offered me a new home. I gratefully accepted the generous offer and ever since, I have been the champion of Lord Tartarus and Erebus. They renamed me Lysias so that my old name wouldn't bring back my painful memories- memories that I fortunately lost. My masters adopted me and they treated me like a true son, something that my real family couldn't even accomplish.

             When I was absolutely sure that I no longer had vertigo, I sat upright in my bed. The world spun around me for a short moment, but then the whirling came to a halt. I carefully placed my feet on the ground and shakily stood up. I almost lost my balance but I managed to remain standing. 

              I wobbled as I began to walk towards the door of my room. I made my way out and headed in the direction of my lords' throne room. The journey towards the throne room wasn't as difficult as I expected it to be. Upon arrival, I opened the grand black doors that were woven with designs of horrifying punishments and painful suffering. 

              I was greeted with the sight of my adoptive fathers discussing in low whispers. I cleared my throat and observed amusingly as they abruptly stopped their conversation. 

              Tartarus turned his attention towards me, staring at me with his evil, coal-colored eyes. Here's the thing. Lord Tartarus is a powerful primordial, therefore, he can manifest himself in any form he desires. His current form resembles that of a regular, mortal young adult. He has cruel, black beady eyes that swirl with power and seem to tug at your essence. His hair is midnight black and is plastered all over his head in a messy heap.

               At the moment, Lord Tartarus is wearing black robes that are shrouded in an eerie dark purple aura that emits power and malevolence. If you think about it, he's sort of handsome in an evil way.

              Lord Erebus on the other hand has malicious black eyes that are darker than shadows. His hair is a dark black that resembles the night. He is currently wearing shadow black and crimson red robes that are surrounded by a powerful scarlet red aura.

             "I see that you can finally walk properly again," Tartarus spoke in that weird bellowing voice that seemed to resonate from every direction. 

              I shifted uneasily from one foot to the other as I replied, "Um... yeah I guess."

              Yeah, I know. I have such an amazing way with words.

            "Now that you're here, we have a very important mission for you. Are you up for the task?" Erebus questioned me with a sly smile.

             "You know I am," I responded with a daring smirk. 

             "Your mission is to trespass Camp Half-Blood, that foolish camp for demigods. You will strike fear into their puny little hearts and warn them about the upcoming war that they will lose. Then you will take any hostage you prefer. Now get going!" Tartarus ordered as he snapped his fingers and I vanished from the throne room in a whirl of darkness.

                                                **********************

               Darkness tunneled my vision and I tried not to hurl as my stomach seemed to plummet downhill at 200 miles per hour. I had no idea what form of travel this was, but I had a very strong feeling that I had traveled this way before. Hey, don't blame me. I recently just lost my memory. 

               I suddenly appeared on a green hill overlooking a beautiful valley where several teenagers milled around. I glanced to my right where a huge pine tree stood tall. I stared wistfully across the valley. There was a sinuous stream, acres of strawberries, and groves of trees all around the meadow. 

               A strange sensation filled me with joy at the sight of this camp. As quickly as I had been overwhelmed with happiness, my gut twisted wrenchingly. Something about Camp Half-Blood brought a bitter taste to my mouth. Something important had happened here, that much I could figure. 

               I took a cautious step forward, prepared to fulfill my mission, until a low growl close to me stopped me in my tracks. I carefully turned to my right and stared directly at a copper-scaled dragon. 

              I was not prepared for something like this, so I did the first thing that came to my mind. I walked up slowly to the dragon and outstretched my hand towards it. It snarled at me, but then it seemed to sniff me. It then allowed me to pet his head and granted me passage into the camp. 

              I smiled for once in possibly a long time and trespassed into the camp. I lifted my hoodie to cover my face and I raised my hand high above my head. The clouds above me rumbled and turned stormy gray. I summoned a black lightning bolt that struck the ground in front of me. All of the teenagers that were nearby turned in my direction. They stared at me warily and I smirked under my hoodie. 

              "Let's dance, shall we?" I yelled a battle cry and charged towards the nearest campers.

Remember to please let me know your thoughts about this chapter. I hope you enjoyed and have a wonderful day! Love you all! :)

-Sara