Chapter 1: The Betrayal

Hey wonderful people! It's Annabeth's birthday today! I know that some people don't like Annabeth, but it's her birthday, so give her a chance today. By the way, I didn't have a chance to get on a device for an entire week, so I couldn't update like I promised you all. Since it's Annabeth's birthday, I will publish the next chapter right here! I also found out that Annabeth turned 23 thanks to @bl00dywarri0r and @Alpha_7367. HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANNABETH CHASE!!! :)

-BlueFangirlStreak (SaraFangirlofPercy)

My gift to you all:

Official Chapter 1: The Betrayal:

Hestia's POV (This is before Percy was thrown into Tartarus)

        Young Perseus lost his hope. I never believed this would happen. It's impossible to imagine. But it's true. It actually happened.

        When I had first met Perseus, I had sensed a hope like no other within his heart. It was the strongest and purest hope I had ever encountered in existence. He always had a positive outlook on life, even when all seemed hopeless.

        A few minutes ago, the Olympians had flashed out to Camp Half-Blood due to an infuriating matter concerning Zeus. Something unforgiving had occurred that angered Zeus past his breaking point. I had no knowledge of the matter, but judging by Zeus's temper, it would not result well.

        While they were gone, a great decrease of hope in Camp Half-Blood caught me by surprise. As I attempted to figure out the cause of the decrease, I was baffled to discover that Perseus was quickly losing his hope as each second passed. Out of all people, why him? I had a horrible feeling as I thought, Was he the one that angered Zeus? No it's not possible! He may be stubborn sometimes, but he would never do such a thing to unleash Zeus's fury to such an extent.

         I decided to flash to the camp in order to find out what was actually happening, but before I had the chance to leave, an evil presence washed over me. I realized that I was being watched by an unknown, sinister being as a dark, black mist appeared before me. I was paralyzed with fear until images began to develop in the mist.

         A scene depicting Perseus caught my attention and sparked my curiosity. I observed attentively as Perseus seemed to be running through a forest, attempting to escape from someone. The person far behind him appeared to be Thalia Grace, the demigod daughter of Zeus. She had an exasperated expression upon her face as she struggled to to break the ice surrounding the lower part of her body. They appeared to be playing capture the flag as I noticed Perseus running away with the Hunters of Artemis's flag. I turned my gaze back to Thalia, observing as she finally managed to break free from her ice prison. However, I grew horrified at the upcoming scene that occurred before my eyes.

         I helplessly watched as a mysterious black portal shimmered into existence behind Thalia and a dark figure emerged from it. Unfortunately, Thalia was not aware of the unknown being until it was too late. The figure unsheathed a blade darker than the night and quickly stabbed her before I even had a chance to blink. Thalia yelped in surprise and slowly lowered her gaze upon the dagger that now protruded from her stomach. As quickly as he had stabbed her, the mysterious being forcefully yanked his dagger out of Thalia's dying body and vanished in a swirl of darkness.

        Thalia collapsed helplessly onto the ground, clutching her stomach in pain as her life force began to wane.

         I returned my attention back to Perseus, silently watching his movements while knowing that I was not capable of informing him about Thalia's predicament. After all, my godly instincts told me that these scenes had occurred in the past.