Chapter 9: Complicated Confession

ALERT: I WILL NOT BE ABLE TO WORK ON A NEW CHAPTER UNTIL THE LAST WEEK OF AUGUST BECAUSE SCHOOL BEGINS IN 3 WEEKS. I HAVE A SUMMER ASSIGNMENT TO COMPLETE AND I WILL BE BUSY FOR THE MAJORITY OF THIS MONTH. I APOLOGIZE IN ADVANCE, BUT EDUCATION COMES FIRST. I HOPE YOU ALL UNDERSTAND.

Sorry for the really long wait. Thank you so much for always supporting me! You're all amazing people! :)

-BlueFangirlStreak (SaraFangirlofPercy)

Percy/Lysias's POV

The shadows dissolved before my vision returned to normal. My arms were still tightly wrapped around Poseidon, making sure he didn't try to attack me or escape if he saw an opportunity.

We both landed in the middle of the throne room within Tartarus. Before Poseidon even had a chance to blink, a pair of celestial bronze handcuffs suddenly appeared on his wrists. His legs weren't a problem since I had recently chopped off one of them.

Two blinding flashes erupted directly in front of us, causing me to shield my eyes with my arms to avoid immediate death.

I slowly removed my arms from my face, making sure Tartarus and Erebus weren't in their divine forms. (They've done that before. Let's just say I nearly died. Gosh that was annoying).

After making sure I wouldn't be reduced to ashes, I relaxed and kicked Poseidon forward. Since he was missing a leg, Poseidon immediately lost his balance and toppled to the ground at the feet of Tartarus and Erebus.

You know what the funny part was? He fell on his face. Simple as that.

"My lords, I have brought Poseidon down here into Tartarus as my second prisoner. Mostly because I hate his guts and I beat him in a duel. The mission was successful," I reported to my masters.

Was it just my imagination, or did Erebus turn pale? And by pale, I mean paler than usual.

Before I could contemplate it too much, I simply decided to push aside the silly thought. Besides, Erebus is an ancient Primordial god. What could he possibly be afraid of?

I returned my attention to my lords, just in time to catch a glimpse of them sharing a quick look of worry.

"Do you know what you have done?! You shouldn't have brought him here!" Tartarus roared with disapproval.

"Why not Lord Tartarus?! Why can't I have the right to take anyone hostage? What's so dangerous about Poseidon?" I questioned with barely controlled rage.

Normally I did my best not to talk back to my masters (to avoid being thrown into the Acheron River), but I craved to torture the god who took the life of my dear father.

"You know it's risky to bring an Olympian into the Pit. He might manage to escape and share any information he overhears with the other Olympians. Return him to the surface immediately!" Erebus urgently commanded me.

"No."

"Excuse me?! Did you just say no?!" Erebus bellowed as his body literally shook from the power in his possession that yearned to obliterate me.

"You heard me. I'm not taking him back. He's going to stay down here where I can torture him as I please! And none of you can stop me. Besides, both of you love the idea of inflicting harm upon the infuriating Olympians. Isn't that the reason why we're preparing for war? Why are you suddenly against the opportunity to torture one of them?" I asked with determination, hoping they wouldn't wipe me off the face of the Earth.