Intro: Prologue

This chapter is dedicated to Demigod4_lifeWolfgirl0426ArtemisOlympus, epicwolfbloodQueengreenny-thatdamdemigod-, and FANFICTIONFNAF87 for supporting me along the way! Thank you all so much! Thank you to all of you amazing readers as well!

Well, I decided to start the story with this official intro/prologue chapter which I hope you awesome people enjoy!

-BlueFangirlStreak (SaraFangirlofPercy)

Percy's POV

       Betrayal. 

        I had been betrayed once before by someone I considered a close friend. Luke Castellan, the demigod son of Hermes who had welcomed me into Cabin 11 and treated me with nothing but generosity. But he had betrayed me as he attempted to take my life before leaving Camp Half-Blood to join the forces of Kronos. 

        But his betrayal hadn't affected me as much as the most recent one did. Luke's betrayal had shown me that becoming too attached to family and friends can end up stabbing you in the heart later at any unexpected moment. It had made me come to terms with the fact that not everyone can be trusted, no matter how well you supposedly know them. No matter how friendly they seem. No matter how much you love them. 

        Being betrayed by the majority of my friends and family was a completely different situation though. I could still remember their glares piercing into my soul with such intensity, as if they wanted me to vanish from existence, never to return. The simple fact of knowing that they wanted nothing to do with me began to consume my soul along with my heart. Acid had burned through my system, eating away at the remaining bits and pieces that had somehow kept my body and soul intertwined together. My inner light, my inner happiness, my purpose for living had completely flickered out, leaving me in total darkness within. 

        The look she had given me made me wish I was never born. I couldn't live with the fact of knowing that my girlfriend hated my guts. She was the person who had captured my heart.

        And I wanted it back. 

        But you only receive one heart when you are brought into this world. She had stolen my only heart and twisted it around in whatever way she pleased until it eventually shattered. And now I was practically heartless. 

        They had toyed with my emotions, pushing me to the limit until finally reaching the breaking point. I was once again carrying the weight of the world on my shoulders, but this time, it had vanquished me. It had defeated the broken hero who now lay crushed beneath the weight, helpless and weak. I had failed to lift that weight off my shoulders countless of times. The simple reminder of being unloved by those I cared about only seemed to increase the weight of my burden. 

        I remember how a balloon of air had expanded within my chest, preventing oxygen from reaching my lungs as I struggled to breathe. Every breath was more strenuous than the last as it became more and more difficult to inhale and exhale. My stomach had become queasy, threatening to spill out its contents. The unbearable need to cry and release my pent-up emotions had overwhelmed me. Yet I had somehow managed to fight against the tears that yearned to roll down my cheeks. Fortunately, I had succeeded in holding them in.

Percy Jackson's Betrayal: Shadow To My Light (UPDATE COMING SOON)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें