Chapter 4: Confined in Captivity; Perplexing Prophecies, Yay!

Welcome to chapter 4 my wonderful readers! HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL OF YOU! I hope you enjoy and don't forget about my challenge from the previous chapter. In case you didn't read it, the challenge is to try and figure out who the unknown Roman goddess was from the preceding chapter. (She is not mentioned in any of Rick Riordan's books). You won't find out who she is until several chapters later. Enjoy reading! :)

-BlueFangirlStreak (SaraFangirlofPercy)

Chapter 4: Confined in Captivity; Perplexing Prophecies, Yay!

Leo's POV

I am definitely not feeling pretty hot.

Sure, I'm literally hot on the inside due to my awesome fire abilities, but today is just not my day. The last thing I remember was being in Camp Half-Blood, trying to defend my home, but then a strange powerful man kidnapped me and now I have no idea where the Hades I am. My surroundings are extremely dark and ominous. By dark I don't mean like the dark you experience at night, what I'm talking about is more like an Am I blind? kind of dark.

There are a few lit torches hanging around, but they don't really help me see anything. I tried lighting up my hands to make a light source and see my surroundings, but my powers don't seem to be working.

Sitting on the ground with nothing fun to do, I was dying of boredom. I know that I'm pretty hot, but if you're going to kidnap me, can you at least give me something to play with, like a super cool remote helicopter? Is that too much to ask for?

With a huge sigh, I began to tap my fingers on the ground, my ADHD preventing me from staying still.

A long time passed before footsteps were heard in the distance, growing louder as the seconds ticked by. I wearily glanced up, trying to see the person coming closer to the area in which I was currently sitting, but the darkness didn't allow me to see the person's silhouette.

I listened until the sound of a metal grating against the ground was heard in the direction straight ahead of me.

Wait a second, am I in a prison cell?

The footsteps advanced toward me until they came to a halt right in front of me.

I could barely make out the mysterious figure towering over me.

"Hello demigod. It's a pleasure to have you here," the man sneered cruelly.

"That's definitely not a surprise dude. Everyone always loves having Leo Valdez around. Especially the ladies," I mumbled with a goofy grin upon my impish features.

"Shut up! You won't be joking anytime later. As soon as you find out where you are, you won't even have the ability to speak!" the mysterious man countered back impatiently.

"Where am I? Disneyland? 'Cause you sure seem like Goofy to me," I teased him as I began to snicker, attempting to see how long it would take before he tried to kill me. Not that I have a death wish or anything like that.

"You think you're so funny, don't you? Well guess what? You're in Tartarus buddy! Who's laughing now huh?" he revealed as I felt my face pale dramatically, my blood running cold.

Tartarus? There's no way on Earth that I'm in Tartarus. This dude is just trying to get me to shut up.

Reassuring myself calmed me down a bit, but I still felt very uneasy.

"I know you're just lying to try and make me shut up man. Well, guess what? It's not going to work," I said halfheartedly, my constant doubts clouding my mind.

"Oh, you think I'm deceiving you? Would you like to meet Lord Tartarus and Erebus themselves? Here, let me take you to my masters," he declared without waiting for an answer as he gripped my hand tightly and dragged me out of my prison cell.