Chapter 3: Catastrophe in Camp Half-Blood

I probably won't be able to access Wattpad for the rest of the school year. This might be my last update at the moment and I hope you enjoy it because it sadly might be the last for now until summer comes.

-BlueFangirlStreak (SaraFangirlofPercy)

Annabeth's POV

          I was lying on my bunk in cabin six, the Athena Cabin. The last time I checked the time, it was 4:30 in the morning. I had just awoken from my usual demigod nightmares. The horrifying images from my dream still flashed clearly in my mind. 

           Camp Half-Blood was engulfed in a wave of flames as motionless bodies laid sprawled in every direction. I had observed so much bloodshed, a war that we would helplessly lose. 

          Even though I was a daughter of Athena, I couldn't formulate a plan to avoid this defeat. Not to mention, I had no clue as to what we were up against. 

          If we were able to prevent Gaea, the very incarnation of the earth itself, from destroying the world, then how much worse could this possibly be?

          Looking back on it, maybe I shouldn't have pushed my luck that far.

          My eyelids grew heavy with the feeling of restlessness. I closed my eyes, wishing for no dreams, but of course luck was not on my side. 

~Annabeth's Dream~

          I stood amidst a familiar forest, surrounded by my fellow campers and the Olympians. With a jolt, I realized this was the scene in which Percy was banished to Tartarus. Guilt pounded heavily in my heart as I remembered my cruel actions. 

          The past unfolded before my eyes as I observed once again the argument between Percy and Zeus. 

           So much was occurring all at once around me. I watched as Lady Hestia flashed in to defend Percy, something I should've done.  As Hestia, Apollo, and Zeus argued about the truth, I stared at my past self. 

           Past Annabeth glared daggers at Past Percy and spun around, storming angrily past the other campers. 

           I felt as if my heart had crawled into my throat. Even though I didn't speak a word to Percy, that's what made everything worse for him. Maybe I hadn't betrayed him with my words, but I certainly hadn't defended him either. To make matters worse, I had betrayed him with my thoughts. 

           It's most likely that none of the Olympians read my mind during the betrayal, but I know exactly what was going on through my head at the time. 

           It pains me to say that I was thinking: 'Is that...Thalia's body? NO! It can't be! Percy would never harm her. Not to mention, they've always had a bond similar to that of siblings. But, why is he carrying her deathly pale corpse? Gods of Olympus, if Percy killed her, he will regret that he ever did! She was my adoptive sister! She meant so much to me!'

           Unfortunately, my grief and rage had gotten the best of me. When Apollo had declared that Hestia was lying and that Percy wasn't innocent, I had believed him because he was the god of truth. I had grown furious and my anger had clouded my better judgement. 

           The worst part is that I had made the decision to officially end our relationship, however, I never got the chance to announce it. 

           When Percy was flashed away, Thalia's body was left behind for her death ceremony. We burned her body in a beautiful burial shroud made from long storm black silk and embroidered with a blue lightning bolt. Before burning her shroud, I volunteered to make a short speech in her memory.