Chapter 17: Up In The Clouds

I was there standing in the middle of the living room. Frozen. Like I was caught in a quicksand. Having this feeling that if I move I'm done for it.

"Take a walk with me?" He said

I didn't know what to do but I think a ghost tilted my head up and down making me nod.

I faced him, slowly like I have a stiffed neck. I literally look like a retard, I feel it.

He looked around for a little while. It took me a little while before realizing that he was looking around to see if someone was looking at us like it was a big deal for him.

He suddenly grabbed my hand leading me out of the house and in a flash we were both walking on the street hand in hand.

"Where are we going?" I asked as I try to catch up with his phase but it was no use he was such a tall guy and I'm a dwarf.

It felt to me like we were calmly walking hand in hand in a romantic movie but in reality he was dragging me almost making me fall face flat on the ground but I didn't care because he was holding my hand. The thought of him touching me makes the electricity in my body flactuate.

"You'll see" He answered making me snap back into reality.

Luke's not mine. I'm not his.

I am nothing to him.

He led me to the nearest bus stop and ordered me to sit on the bench.

I followed and kept my mouth shut us I fidget with my fingers.

We sat for a long while in silence as he sat beside me. I can only hear the vehicles' engine roaring on the street.

"I don't really know why you took me here" I muttered.

He chuckled, "I don't either"

I looked up to him, there's a huge gap between us. I was seated on the end of the bench while he seated on the other end.

"I want us back" I whispered, my eyes piercing through his blue ones, now pale because of what he just heard me say,

"What are you talking about?"

I looked away, "Nothing"

He let out a deep sigh. I knew then that he understood what I've just said.

"Why are you doing this?" He asked,

"Why are you doing this?" I retorted back.

"What do you mean?"

"Showing in my front door telling me you love me. We fought, I was a bitch. You were gone for a long time. You came back but you were with somebody else. What are you trying to prove?" I asked still trying to make my voice calm and acting like I don't even care.

"I just gave up on you. It was useless"

"You just gave up?" I croaked, hoping that my voice wouldn't crack, but it did.

A deep sigh escaped his lips, "I don't know, Myle. You weren't trying to help yourself and I got tired just sticking around you"

"But how could you left me alone?" This time I was crying

"What do want me to do?! You don't even care about me. You push me away. You push everyone away especially those people who are trying to help you!"

"I was scared! who wouldn't be? waking up with no memory! I needed to adjust"

"Why do you even care about me?" He spat,

I froze. I think I went a little too overboard.

I wiped my tears with the back of my hand.