Chapter 14: Capture This

The pungent smell of rubbing alcohol woke me up.

My eyes squinted because of all the bright lights.

My head hurts so much it feels like every memory is coming back to me.

Tears started to form in my eyes, "What have I done?" I exclaimed softly.

I am not Avery Somer, I am Myle Stanfort!

I can feel my blood rushing through the veins of my head. I feel like I'm burning. The beeping sound started to go faster making me panic and shout in rage.

WHAT HAVE I DONE! WHAT HAVE I DONE!

I LOST EVERYTHING AND STARTED HANGING OUT WITH TIFFANY! MY BABY'S DEAD! MY BOYFRIEND'S GONE! MY FRIENDS ARE NOT MY FRIENDS ANYMORE! AND..MY MOM! MY MOM LEFT ME AGAIN!

I sobbed violently as I hit my head with my hand. Why am I living like this?

"LUKE!!!!!!!" I shouted, "NO!!! LUKE!!!!!" four nurses came in they are all trying to sedate me,

"Please ma'am calm down, were trying to help you" The nurse with brown eyes exclaimed

All of them are pinning me down to the bed, I fought them back.

"LUKE!!!!" I shouted again, "NO STOP!!!" STOP IT!!! LET GO OF ME!!!!"

"Ma'am you were in an accident, please calm down" The other nurse begged.

Before I could say something I felt a sting on my arm and all the nurses stepped away from me. I couldn't see their faces, everything was blurry I can only see distorted figures. After a few moments I passed out.

--

Its been two days since I was in that accident, I was thankful to the lady who ran her car over me, if it wasn't for her I would've never got my memory back.

I only had bruises all over my body and a cut on my forehead caused by the weinshield. I'll be discharged today. I feel lucky being alive but a part of me hoped that I just died.

The lady took care of my hospital bills. Her name is Lilly she's at least in her mid 30's.

I smiled at her and made my way out of the hospital, we exchanged our good byes and apologies and made our way.

I rode a cab on the way home.

The cab ride felt like I was riding it since eternity.

I sighed as I lean on the window making the glass moist because of my breath.

"Its kinda chilly today miss and you don't have a coat with ya" The cab driver exclaimed,

I let out a small chuckle, "Yeah" I answered plainly.

I don't know what to do, I have nothing to live for.

Should I show up in front of them and cry as I tell them that my memories are back?

I know I can't. If I do that they'll tell Luke and then what? what will happen to Luke and AL?

My eyes started to become teary again.

"Are you okay, miss?"

I let out a sniffle and laughed.

"Yes I am"

I am not.

I decided to pretend that I still have amnesia maybe I won't feel anything at all.

Start all over again and pretend like everything is okay.

I got home and plopped myself on my bed.

This feels great but I feel empty.

I don't want to cry anymore. I am tired.