My Superheros aren't so Lame

Here it is guys! the third part to all of this Clay nonsense! hope yall like it - gabs <3

As soon as I looked into Liam's eyes I stopped shaking. A warm feeling spread throughout me and I could finally stand on my own. I watched his face as he took in my injuries. Liam's puppy eyes narrowed. He clcnched his fists, and his chest seemed to swell up. I opened my mouth to tell him I was fine, but Clay snapped his fingers and the two other goons grabbed him. They trapped him between them, pinning his arms to his sides.

I whipped around and cried, "Let him go!"

I slammed my fists on Clay's chest, trying to force him to listen. He grabbed my shoulders and lifted me up towards his face, so that my feet weren't touching the ground.

"I though I said we were going to talk ALONE" he yelled and threw me to the side.

I landed on my back a couple feet away. When I smacked the ground, all the air in body rushed out of me. The pain was spreading across my back as I laid on the ground gasping for air. My eyes found Liam and my heart stopped racing in fear. He stared at broken body, with wide eyes, before breaking free of the goons hold and rushing Clay. Liam was just about to punch Clay's face off when Ryan tackled him from behind. My heart ached as I watched Ryan pinn Liam to the ground, then got the goons help to lift him to his knees. They each got a good kick in at Liam, making him grunt in pain and drop his head. Clay walked up to him and yanked his head up by his perfect hair.

"You crashed my party and we were all having so much fun. I don't like party crashers." Clay said in a sickly level tone. Clay took a couple steps back as Liam seethed at him, and said, "I'll show you how I deal with people like you."

I had seen Clay make this threat before and my stomach turned at the memory of the results. Locking my eyes on Liam, I forced myself up and felt my feet pounding the floor. I closed the short distance in perfect time. My body covered Liam just as Clay's uppercut hit.  His fist rammed right into my burn and my body exploded in pain. Somewhere, I heard myself gasp for air and drop from the pain. All eyes were on me as I was on all fours gasping, trying to catch the breath that Clay's meat hands punched out of me. Ryan and the goons had let go of Liam in their shock, so he dropped down beside me. I felt his arms wrap around me, sending a smoothing warmth into my ragged body. One hand brushed away the tears that wouldn't stop coming. The other snaked around my waist, found my hand and interwined our fingers, so that he was holding my injury too. His touch steadied me, and I took a deep breath before sitting up.

I looked at Clay, and forced out, "Don't. You. Touch. Him."

Clay just twitched. His eyes looked snapped. Liam pulled me close to him, and I tried to cover as much of him in case Clay swung again. His hand swung down and I braced myself for impact. Instead, I felt Liam get pulled off of me as I was yanked up by my cut arm. I tried not to wince in pain and hold Clay's gaze.

"Him?!" he yelled, "That's who you leave me for!! Some pathetic loser that see you as the girl of the week."

I pushed past the stings of his words, and snipped, "That's rich coming from the one that went through the entire cheerleading squad in a month."

Clay slapped me hard across the face. I heard shuffling behind me and Liam's muffled yells.

"Do you really think he cares about you?" Clay spat at me, "He leaves in three days and why would anyone remember you? No one wanted you Mell, not even your father!! Your best friend is leaving you! I'm the only one that will take you and you turn me down you good for nothing worthless slut!"

"He's lying Mell!" I heard a familiar voice yell.

It was too late though, the memories of my father were rising in my mind. Every insult, every threat, every time I was left alone rang through my head. They were blinding me, I couldn't see anyway out. Black starting crepping in on the blurry vision that I had. I felt Ryan grab me and pull me to the side, whispering more memories that wouldn't leave me alone. I fell to the ground, head spinning.