My new best friends

writing this chapter is painful.I want to put so many things in but i have to get through the things I don't really want to write first...oh well hope yall enjoy - gabs <3

Liam sat me down on the grass then sat next to me. He tried calming me down, but I still couldn't control my tears. I felt myself being gently pulled onto his shoulder, and I cried even harder. He just held me, for about five minutes, like that as I sobbed uncontrolably. Finally, the sobs stopped and I hiccupped myself to a steady breathing. But I didn't pull away. I just lay there, head on his shoulders with his arms wrapped around me. I wasn't feeling any butterflies, any special sparks, it was just a nice soothing warmth that was just comfortable. After a while I pulled away, looking at him and realizing how easy it was to become best friends with these boys. 

He gave me a smile and said, "Better?"

I hicupped again, saying, "Much."

"Good, wanna talk?

"Do I have a choice?"

"Not really."

I smiled again and began my story, "Basically in my town, I am a nobody.  After I made it through x Factor auditions, everyone seemed to think I was either a hero or an attention whore. Clay kinda put a stop to the teasing found out about me getting through. I was so happy cause I had been in love with him since I was 7. We used to live across the street from one another and one day my cat got lost and he brought her home. I never thought he even rememebered my name, until he asked me to homecoming. Annie hated the whole thought of me gong with him. She said he was - and I quote - 'a big headed no talented disproportional unintelligent tree killer'. She said she saw some of his friends laughing and making bets as I said yes. Anyway long story short, after homecoming he was driving me home and he parked a block away from my house and started to kiss me...It was my first kiss too...then...he started going farther than I wanted and I had to push him back saying I wasn't ready," I paused twirling the silver ring on my left hand, "I showed him my promise ring and explained to him that I was going to stay a virgin until marriage. At first...he got this angry spark in his eyes and he tensed up... he drove me home without another word. I swear I thought he would never speak to me again, but he called the next day and we started dating. He was really sweet for the first few weeks, then he started pestering me again to do it but I still said no. It became a cycle. He'd ask, I'd say hell no,he'd get mad, come back sweet the next day, then try again. I know it wasn't healthy but I always gave him an excuse...he never forced me he was just so in love that he just really wanted me...and when he was sweet I was hooked so I just focused on those times...plus he protected me from, well, pretty much everything ane everyone. When I came here to start bootcamp and made it through he started acting....like this..." I finished, passing my phone to Liam so he could read the messages.

He scrolled through, reading them and when he looked up his face was darkened. He clenched my phone and looked at me. His brown eyes were hard and cold and his whole body tensed.

I tried to open my mouth to defend Clay but he wouldn't let me, "He is an asshole Mell. Don't try to run around it. He is."

"I know," I said quietly, slumping forewar, letting myself admit it.

"Why are you doing this to yourself then? Why do you put up with him?" He asked, tilting my chin up so I had to look him in th eyes.

"Because..I doubt I'm going to win...and since I didn't have time to make plans to go off after this like Annie, he'd be the only person left for me at home..." I shivered as I told him.

"First off, look how far you made it Mell, your in the top four!!" Liam said shaking my shoulders, "Besides, winning isn't everything. Look at me and the lads, we lost but Simon still helped us out. And do you really think Annie is gonna leave you? She's gonna stick around. Oh and your stuck with me the boys; we don't plan on ditching you anytime soon."

I felt a  huge grin split arcoss my face and I threw my arms around his neck in a big hug. So this is what its like to have more than one friend. I felt my smile go wider as I thought about how much each person that was at the Fort cared about me and how much I loved  them all.

When I pulled back Liam's phone beeped. He picked it up and gave a smile at it.

"Danielle?"

"Yeah," he said, that goofy smile still on  his face as he replied.

"HIIIII DANIELLE!!!!!" I yelled at the phone and he typed it in.

"She says hello stranger, nice to meet you," he laughed.

"Liam," I asked, smiling at his smile, "Do you love her?"

He looked from his phone, and said, "yeah."

"Good," I said, as a warm feeling spread across me as I watched him smile at his love.

Then I noticed his smile falter...

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing," he lied, then saw my expression and confessed, "she's cancelling our skype date tonight...she's busy..."

"I'm sorry" I said, patting his arm.

"It's fine..it happens a lot..."

"That's the problem, huh?"

"Yeah, I love her, we just never have time for each other any more..."

"Hey, listen, absence makes the heart grow fonder" I smiled at him, "Next time you get a chance to talk with her, even if its for a little while, make it count." He smiled a thanks to me, stood up pulling me with him and gave me a big hug. Then we walked inside to madness.

Harry and Niall were wrestling each other, trying to show off to Annie. Miss Innocence, obviously didn't notice it, as she was giggling at the two of them. I noticed her cheer when Niall got ahead, and blush when he smiled over at her. Poor Curly...Zayn was filming the match, making comentary on everything BUT the actual fight. Louis was in a corner yelling at the book he was reading upside down. Alll insanity stopped when Liam and I walked in.

"Uncle Simon called" Zayn said, breaking the silence that fell, "He said that the studio was being attacked again by fans...SOOO we're staying here."

"YAAAAAAY SLEEP OVER!!!!" all of the boys cheered.

"You okay Mellie?" Annie asked giving me a hug after she noticed I hadn't cheered and that I was zoning out.

"What? Oh, yeah I'm fine," I said,snapping back to reality, "I think I'm going to call him and break up with him...I don't know when yet."

"I vote soon cause," Annie said grabbing my shoulders so I was looking at her, "that big headed no talented disproportional unintelligent tree killer cheated on you." She held up a photo of Clay interwined with some other brunnette in his car. From the picutre, I knew where that was headed...

"I'll set Kevin on him, love, don't you worry," Louis said, running over a giving me a hug.

The rest of the boys ran and did the same. Liam put hand on my shoulder.

"Man, he was such a keeper!" I said with sarcasim dripping from my voice, then I smiled at the boys, "I love you guys."

"WE LOVE YOU TOO!!" the boys answered back.

"Annie? Pass me my phone please. I think its time I had a little chat with dear old Clay."